Connectors disappeared from Azure after reinstall

Brass Contributor

After an incident were all our two test UP connectors were stuck (all UP printers were showing "last seen" at least 3 days ago and printing wasn't possible anymore. Prints were working on our print server locally but they weren't delivered to Azure), I had to reinstall them. The procedure itself wasn't as simple as described in How To - Remove a Universal Print connector | Microsoft Docs

For some reason before the final uninstall I had to remove the connector and updater MSI manually with MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab as they were stuck, and after that the connector removal was possible. Everything was clean both on the server and azure (no printers shared/registered, no connectors left on azure)

After reinstalling, the connector didn't ask for a new name but used the old one, and though I'm able to register and share printers, the connector isn't showing up in azure anymore. I wanted to try by renaming the connector but seems this is still not possible. Any suggestion on how to get back the connectors on azure?

5 Replies

@MaxMorsia I have the same issue...

I ended up thinking the printer name in Azure was going to be the shared name.. NOPE so i wanted to remove it.   and i ended up accidently removing the connector and when i reinstalled it i am able to register a printer, but the connector is not there.

I've been able to fix that: first of all I had another issue too, where the connector didn't want to uninstall, so I had to remove the two MSI (connector and updater) via powershell, then manually cleaned folders and registry. After reinstalling the connector, finally it was possible to select a connection name.

@david1632 - you may want to reach out to Microsoft Support (links on Universal Print admin portal) and report this.

@Saurabh_Bansal I finally opened a ticket about this and did a walk through for them. Awaiting to hear back.    Will post once i hear something