Connector Name

Copper Contributor

Hi

I installed and configured the Universal Print Service.

Is there a way to rename the connector name?

Thank you

Dario

11 Replies

@Dario84  The ability to remove and re-register a Connector is coming soon in a future release of the UP service. Watch for the next release notes regarding the implementation of this feature. 

@Philip_Demaree Thank you very much. Looking forward to this.

Did this get released at all? Just setting up UP in a Dev environment and would also like to be able to change connector names.

@Nick-S Hi Nick. No I think it's still not posible.

seems like it's still not possible after two years, unfortunately. This could cause issues in switching between testing environment to production

@MaxMorsia 
Similar thing has happened to me.
Moving from test to production & making a few changes. 
Removed the connector via powershell.. 
Reconfigured & setup the service, it works; but no connector appearing in 'Universal Print | Connectors'.
I'm afraid this may become an issue later in the future with troubleshooting.. 

I've managed by removing the connector in different stages: 1) uninstall the two MSI (connector and updater) via powershell 2) tipically remove the application from windows settings 3) clean the connector folders and the registry entries. After that I've reinstalled the connector and finally I was asked for a connection name which then appeared on Azure.

@MaxMorsia could you specify which regkeys you have deleted? We are having the same issues and I would also like to re-register the connector

Ciao Giovanni :)
I can't say precisely, as I looked for "Printconnector" in regedit and removed everything that wasn't involved in the installer keys.
I forgot to mention that before everything else, the following procedure must be followed up to the end of "Unregister the connector":
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/universal-print/fundamentals/universal-print-remove-connector-howto

However, regarding the registry entries, I think it's enough to remove "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\UniversalPrint" and all its subkeys as they clearly contain the settings.
Also, make sure to delete the folder C:\Program Files\PrintConnector, if still existing after the final app removal.

that was it, after removing the connector by Powershell you can't reinstall without removing these registrykeys. After removing these keys I could register and if i wanted rename the connector. Thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated.
Glad it helped! :)