Teleprompter Overlay

Upvotes

Upvote

Mar 16 2021
5 Comments (5 New)
Closed

To whom it may concern,

Presentation, Teleprompter

I am a very active user of Teams, and really appreciate the service.

Although MS Office has good options for splitting slides and notes for dual screen. But whether single or dual screen there could be justified use for a teleprompter panel when presenting with screen share.

I would like to see a transparent overlay (with adjustable size / position on screen) that is "invisible" to screen share, which has click through (i.e. "invisible" to mouse-clicks), and text is set to uneditable during the presentation. Various methods such as mouse wheel off-screen could be used to advance the teleprompter.

Best Regards,

T Ahiska

Comments
Copper Contributor

Problem - How do I look my audience in the eye while presenting via Teams etc...

This is exactly what I also need.

"a transparent overlay (with adjustable size/position on screen) that is "invisible" to screen share."

A slam dunk for home-based PPT presentations using Teams, Zoom etc.

I'm surprised after 20 months of home working this is not available yet. The OP describes the feature perfectly.

How hard can it be?

Community Manager
Status changed to: Closed

Community Manager

While we appreciate the suggestion, this space is intended for ideas specifically for the Microsoft Tech Community website, not for products such as Teams. Sorry about that!

Copper Contributor

Check out this app on the MS Store Virtual Teleprompter.

This should meet the requirements you posted.

Copper Contributor

Thank you mysi5, but this does not solve the issue as most corporate PC's do not allow installation of 3rd party software.