Submitted by:Pinaki Ghatak
Apr 05 2018
2 Comments (2 New)
I have one suggestion - and this comes from experience.
Candidates from many parts of the world come for this event, who do NOT need a visa, but still find this document needed, and useful.
Due to current strict border control policies, documents like these are asked, even you are from a Visa waiver country (like myself, from Netherlands), especially EU region.
But we are still asked questions like:
- What is the purpose of your visit, and how long you are staying?
- Are you here for business or pleasure?
- What is your point of contact, who can verify what you are saying?
- What is the location you are staying?
- How long you are staying?
And so on.
Hence, I'd strongly suggest the following:
- When downloading this document, have a dropdown choice of whether the candidate is traveling with VISA, or come from a Visa-waiver program.
- If the candidate come from a Visa-waiver country (Visa not needed), adjust the letter format and change the subject reference accordingly.
- For Visa participant, it can stay as it is, and for other candidates like myself (Visa not required), maybe change the subject to something like this:
Business Visitor (On Visa Waiver program) - <Name of the candidate>
I believe we need this, for our stress free travel for Ignite.