Improve the Process to Submit a Guest Blog

Improve the Process to Submit a Guest Blog

Upvotes

Upvote

May 26 2021
16 Comments (16 New)
Closed

In this forum, there is a possibility to add a blog as a guest blog (in some areas) and we have to contact the forum owner and fill up a form and then wait for contact and in case have been approved, send over the blog post and it will be published.

I believe this process could be done entirely in this platform like the following.

1) User will visit a page and request to be a Guest Blogger and sign-in to the website

2) Select available area for Guest blog 

3) Complete the part for abstract and briefly explain what it would be about

4) Submit the request

5) Then someone from Microsoft will approve/reject it and if it has been approved send a notification to user 

6) User will login and have an area to write the blog and publish it 

7) After click on the publish, it will send to the Microsoft and after it has been approved, the website will be published as a guest blog under the user id.

The above process will improve the Guest Blog posting experience and it remains entirely inside this platform 

Comments
Gold Contributor

Hello everyone.

I wonder why the current way to share space opportunities in MTC for Blog

Guest want to change ?

IT professionals create their own blogs and can share them when creating a topic for discussion - as an additional justification for their experiences!

The change you are proposing does not seem to be justified!

I ask for more arguments for your idea.

`  

Silver Contributor

Hi,

You do have opportunity to share blog here but the process is not professional. You have to manually fill up a form and then receive an email and then send your content by email and after approval, you will get a chance to publish it.

What I proposed, simplify this process where you could just login once and submit all data and request and do changes if needed from this website and publish it, it would be more professional way to do it.

In case IT Professionals want their own websites, then there is no need to publish a website as a guest here and this is for those who want to publish content here.

Another reason is having more technical content here, will make this website more productive. Just compare a case where you have to search on the net for multiple contents in several weblogs with one website with several valuable contents. 

Deleted
Not applicable

Hello everyone!

I at MTC expect information from microsoft employee blog first and foremost!

Creating new processes for approving and analyzing content for a guest blog requires a development team – I think Microsoft isn't interested in such an improvement!

I will wait for the result of the vote!

Thank you!

Oh, that was already discussed some ago. As I remember that's up to owner of concrete channel.

Silver Contributor

As I mentioned, the process is already exist but it is so manual and unprofessional and like I said, Microsoft will be able to monitor it. One advantage would be integrate all bloggers in one platform instead of islands of weblogs. It won't be difficult to implement such a mechanism and it would required a bit of coding.

Gold Contributor

If you make a separate space only for the Guest Blog so That I know clearly that this is an external evaluation, proposal and individual position regarding the product - it is already acceptable as a good idea!

But whether it will be implemented depends on Microsoft! 

Silver Contributor

@A1 you are correct.

So let say what Microsoft thinks about this idea.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Closed

Community Manager

I apologize, but the Tech Community was not intended to be a platform for guest bloggers.

Each blog is owned by a separate Microsoft team and guest bloggers are solely at their discretion and so an application process would not suit their needs unless they specifically ask for it.

We recommend Medium or other platforms if your primary interest is in creating a personal blog. All of our users can contribute to our discussion spaces.

Deleted
Not applicable

Thank you!

The explanation is enough!

Silver Contributor

Thank you @Eric Starker for commenting on this.

Is there any chance to include this ability in the future?

I used to post the Blog in the WordPress and now I switched to the LinkedIn.

Community Manager

There are no plans currently to include this ability in the future. 

Silver Contributor

Thank you @Eric Starker for the clarification

Brass Contributor

Thanks for the clear explanation. I am interested in what are the most preferred topics for your blog. 

Community Manager

Since we do not have a formalized process for applying to guest blog for a team, we don't have preferred topics. Feel free to take a look at our list of blogs and that should give you a sense of the topics we cover here in Tech Community.

One of our blogs does accept submissions on the topic of Microsoft Teams - you can see information on how to submit for that here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-community-blog/welcome-to-the-microsoft-teams... 

Brass Contributor

@Eric Starker Thank you for your quick and expeditious reply. Best regards.