Create a new Blog space ( Answers to popular topics in MTC )

Create a new Blog space ( Answers to popular topics in MTC )

Upvotes

Upvote

Feb 01 2023
7 Comments (7 New)
Closed

Hello everyone! ( Do you want to have an official answer confirmed by Microsoft?)

I participate in discussions in which, there is a lack of explanations and answers from Microsoft employees, -> this causes frustration and negative comments that should receive a competent response (preferably as a Blog), which refers to the indicated problem -> regarding the Microsoft product. 

Please support this idea!

:)

Comments
Brass Contributor

Two point on this:

1. Who is writing the blog post. Its only really of merit if it comes from MS. If it’s a formal answer from MS that addresses the issue and provide clarity for the community, that would be excellent.

2. The threads (and particularly the length and comments of frustration) are critical to the community having a space to voice itself. A thread with hundred, or even in some cases thousands, of posts is valid as it says there is a massive under serviced user gaps. The Blog cannot be a way to short cut and cancel the conversation.

Gold Contributor

"

1. Who is writing the blog post. Its only really of merit if it comes from MS. If it’s a formal answer from MS that addresses the issue and provide clarity for the community, that would be excellent.

"

Yes! -> Blogs are information confirmed by Microsoft and are written by Microsoft Employees.

This is an example of a helpful Blog:

Lesson Learned #314: Cannot start the job 'XXX' because it does not have any job server - Microsoft ...

There are also Blogs (MTC Guest), but that doesn't apply to this idea.

The 2nd question will be answered by the Community Manager

Thank you for your constructive participation in the discussion 

Best regards

Community Manager

We understand that you want questions to be answered by employees that aren't. We do our best to surface popular topics to the product teams associated with them, but we cannot guarantee responses to questions from employees. Sorry about that.

Gold Contributor

I understand, I've been here a long time, and I've already got used to it, but thousands of users, have registered here to have confirmed information from Microsoft!

A blog - as an answer - I think it's a good idea.

Thank you

Iron Contributor
Community Manager
Status changed to: Closed

@A1 @jimvicks Thank you for your contributions to this idea, I think what we hear lound and clear from our users every day is they want their questions answered. Who doesn't right?

We do need to be careful here that we set the right expectation about what a user, member or customer might expect by asking questions here, the Microsoft Tech Community is not an official support community after all, but broadly speaking we do also use feedback like the feedback here when we speak internally with our teams to get them engaged on the platform.

I don't think we would be keen to have a blog, in the way that you have suggested here - again to much leaning into the support / FAQs / Learning worlds (which we already have pages for) - but instead we do have the ability for Microsoft Employees to mark a post as an Microsoft Approved Solution and we should use that. I think thought the real heart of your feedback is you would like answers when questions get asked, we will continue to work as advocates within Microsoft to help get them.