Create a new badge for a registered MTC Member with no. 1,000,000.

Create a new badge for a registered MTC Member with no. 1,000,000.

Upvotes

Upvote

Dec 08 2022
18 Comments (18 New)
Closed

Hi everyone.

It would be great to see such a badge pinned as a distinction and reward for participation in the MTC Forum

:)

Comments

By the way, how do we know how many registered users are, is that hided information?

Gold Contributor

@A1 , thank you, was not able to reproduce your screenshot. Will try to dig later.

Gold Contributor

Zrzut ekranu 2023-01-04 223638.png

Gold Contributor

A good result today is already 1000 MTC Members more, in two weeks it will be around 1 000,000.

Members

Now to find how such vertical menu could appear

You can see the number of members on the Community Events page:

S2140.png

I cannot explain the discrepancy.

Copper Contributor
Please solve the problem for installing your update for windows 10 32bit version 22H2 (0x800fo827). Every time installation stops at " Installing 20% " . I have tried Restart for windos over 158 times . It did not work . Please do something .

@Hans Vogelaar , yes, I see, but that's quite limited information compare we had before in bottom bar (#posts, discussions, etc). The best is the enemy of good...

Gold Contributor

We all want to welcome a New MTC Member with the number 1000,000.

Zrzut ekranu 2023-02-10 132811.png

Gold Contributor

Congratulation!

Today is a happy day

Zrzut ekranu 2023-02-12 161538.png

Bruno posted nice chart http://coolesicht.de/likesgivento_fdp.html   long ago when it was 60K members https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/tech-community-discussion/60-000-members/m-p/75650 . Plus some other ones, didn't find the links. It will be nice to have updated version.

I'm not sure how many from 1M are alive.

Community Manager

Its an interesting number, but thats really all it is. Internally we have been moving away from measuring either MTC or the communities that make up MTC using a member count. To use an analogy we frequently use internally:

It's roughly equivolent to having a counter on the entrance to a store and celebrating 3 years later when you hit 1 million customers.. those customers may have only come through the door once and never bought anything!

Now we use two metric called Monthly unique visitors and Monthly active members, to assess the impact the MTC is having. Now if you wanted to celebrate someones 1 millionth post, thats a milestone - as long as the post is valuable - (no one is there yet)

As I say its a great milestone but it's also relatively insignificant and its a number that will start to go down as we start to remove old accounts later this year

Gold Contributor

"Now if you wanted to celebrate someones 1 millionth post, thats a milestone - as long as the post is valuable - (no one is there yet)"

Of course, there is such a post - which is close to 1M, but MTC Member as 1M is an important participant in the Community (I wanted to emphasize this) - (for me it's not the same as entering a store)

Thank you, I learned something new!

Oh, yes, monthly measures are much more important to measure the efficiency. 

Community Manager
Status changed to: Closed

Community Manager
Status changed to: New Idea

Thanks for the feedback, this particular celebration has come and gone. We are looking at better ways we can leverage badging going forward so I will keep this feedback in mind. 

Community Manager
Status changed to: Closed