Nickname Didn't Take

Brass Contributor

I was forced to create a new account -- which I thought was already created via the MSDN community but I digress -- and selected a nickname.  The nickname was qualified as available and it was selected when I created my new profile. 

However, when I go to my profile, my nickname is nowhere to be found, but it appears my full name is my nickname.

How do I see/view/edit my nickname so that it is the one that I selected when I created this profile?

Thank you,

Michael

8 Replies
Hi Michael,

Unless you registered in the last few months your 'nick name' is populated for you automatically by the login system.

Now if you would like we can change it for you, you would just need to tell us what you want it to be. It has to be between 5-20 Characters in length, contain only letters, numbers, hyphens or underscores and it must comply with the Community Guidelines.

Thank you for your reply, @Allen !  I registered on Saturday, and was presented with a control to specify my username, where if I entered a name it would tell me if it was available or not.

In fact, I could not submit the registration until I specified the username and only one that was available.

Is it possible to private message the username I want?  I don't want to risk it of getting poached. :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hi @Allen I wanted to check in with this issue as I did not yet receive a reply. Thanks in advance!
Hi Michael,

I am sorry I do not seem to have a PM from you. can you send it again?
Doh... sorry for the misunderstanding, @Allen... I was asking if the next step was to PM someone, and who that would be... looks like the answers are YES and YOU. :) I will do so now. :thumbs_up:
Hi @Allen... wanted to check in here. Did you get my message, perhaps? It's the first message I have sent here so want to make sure there isn't another gremlin lurking here.
@Mike-E,

I can confirm its now been updated. Sorry it took so long to get back to you I have been working on something else.

WOOHOO!  Thank you so much, @Allen !  I FEEL SO PRETTY NOW!! :face_with_tears_of_joy::face_with_tears_of_joy::face_with_tears_of_joy: