SOLVED

Moderator reacts too slowly to requests!

Deleted
Not applicable

Hello everyone . In my experience, obvious notifications are effective even after 2 days! And what are your experiences?

38 Replies
I think this discussion is very constructive and necessary - I'm curious about the MTC Manager's response and look forward to your response!
Thank you both for this insightful conversation!

We are still researching ways we can bring more moderation power to our users to help keep the Microsoft Tech Community as up-to-date as possible with Microsoft news and resources.

Our team currently works to review anything reported for abuse within the 48-hour time frame, but these may take time to deliberate or research before action is taken, so if you see a lack of action, please keep in mind that review will not always equal an action you may see publically.

We work very hard to keep this community as fair and neutral as possible. Thank you both for this great suggestion and insight.

@Dylan Snodgrass 

Sorry for jumping in, about which kind of moderation do we speak about? On the one hand that could be technical moderation. I left couple of resources due to intensive one: "Hey, Sergey, you didn't clearly explain your solution, our users may not understand it, please give more details and explanations". I could understand if such kind of feedback is from person I communicate with, but not from moderator.

On the other hand that's obvious violation of policies based on commonly recognized regulations - social or sexual harassments, plagiarism, spam and like. That definitely shall be moderated, but it doesn't require any very special training for moderators, just to ensure they react in reasonable time.

That could be something in the middle, actions/post which we don't like and which, from our point of view, could be done in more positive and polite wait or not to be done at all. But who will decide is that content polite enough or not, shall we involve moderators into that? We are from different countries with different cultures and tradition, what is just a joke for one person could be abuse for another. At the same time we are on Microsoft territory which is in US culture and we shall follow their rules.

I have no concrete suggestions, just my thoughts.  As everything in this world, moderation has it's own pluses and minuses.

@Sergei Baklan 

Thank you for your reply, which I agree with!

He would simply like obvious violations of the rules to cause immediate concealment - of course, this is not about not polite mutual responses, because this is a matter of culture of the MTC Member

But I saw how someone warned not to click on the link, and the dangerous link was still shared - I think it can be fixed!

Best regards

Thank you @A1  @Dylan Snodgrass @Sergei Baklan for your posts.

We had a great discussion so I will just observe and see how it goes and in case I come up with new idea, I will share it in the idea.

Hi @Reza_Ameri 

I came back to this topic because in another Microsoft Community (Moderator Volunteer( deleted my 2 answers in separate threads), there was really only Microsoft documentation and a number of sentences that complemented earlier posts.

Of course, I deleted the account, I think that the Volunteer (Moderator) is a very bad idea in MTC!

I see that now the team of Moderators at MTC is working great - for which thank you!

" Also, after becoming a moderator maintaining it would be challenging so let say if you are a moderator and you abuse your power 3 times, then they could remove your moderator status and ban you from joining for one year for example."

I could have reported it - but I don't have time for it - > and I don't trust the Volunteer Moderators!

por favor en español

Hi @conchipolo 

In the Profile settings, MTC Member preferences - you can change the language settings, see this:

Andrzej1_0-1654695917520.png

Are you sure they have been deleted by the moderator?
It is not like they promote everyone to moderator, and they receive moderation training.
They are helpful because the Microsoft Employees might not be available 24/7 but volunteer moderators are always available since they are from different location.
Also note that the CoC of Microsoft Answers is different from MTC and sometimes your posts could be removed if it is not relevant.
You may share your concern on:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/feedback/forum
And from my experience in Microsoft Answers, the monitoring is great and if a moderator abuses their power, they are policies to control it and moderator status might be removed.

@Reza_Ameri 

"Also note that the CoC of Microsoft Answers is different from MTC and sometimes your posts could be removed if it is not relevant.?

thank you for your reply!

Microsoft should respect people who want to contribute and help other users selflessly!

I certainly will not participate there anymore, I do not need help in configuring Microsoft products - I do not ask how to fix something!

I believe that Microsoft Answers is an outdated space and needs a lot of improvements.

Moderation Requests to Moderators [30 May - 6 June] - Microsoft Community

Unfortunately, but it looks not professional - your answer did not convince me!

Well, I will share this from my experience, I have been active in Microsoft Answers for long time, and I also has been active in Microsoft TechNet forum, and I am currently active in Microsoft Q&A and I am active in this forum (Microsoft Technical Community) too and honestly, I find the Microsoft Answers the best one.
You have to understand the different scope of forums, this forum is more like technical and social discussion but Microsoft Answers and Microsoft Q&A are more professional space and while sharing weblog and images are okay in this forum but some of them might not consider helpful and remember here we normally have open discussion and in those forums we are looking for ways to solve problem.
I couldn't comment on why your post has been removed because I haven't seen it. It might have been by mistake, however don't give up and post helpful posts and the one which are solving problems.

@Reza_Ameri 

Thank you, only this discussion I found, because I deleted the account I no longer have access to my history.

Windows Insider Program - Microsoft Community

Andrzej1_0-1654788077917.png

Jaka może być domyślna lokalizacja plików które mogły - Microsoft Community

Andrzej1_0-1654865954204.png

Hope you would wait and ask for the reason in the community forum which I shared earlier to find out why it has been removed. Sometimes if your post is valid but not relevant to the forum it will be removed. Because Microsoft Answers is more on solving problem rather than discussion.

@Reza_Ameri 

No, I am not a Microsoft employee, the volunteer moderator always responds best, so no other answers are needed - as you can see they are removed!

I asked you to post question because it might be a mistake and by error.
Microsoft Answers is like other communities open to everyone and there are several answers by non-moderators.
However, the scope is different, and people are looking for direct access. So, imagine you want to fix issue in Windows, and you see message like I don't like Windows 10 and so on. People won't like it. Discussions like feature we love in Windows are good to discuss here but for more technical answers it is best to ask Microsoft Answers. Try answer questions with more technical view and I believe not only your post won't delete but it might mark as answer.

@Reza_Ameri 

"So, imagine you want to fix issue in Windows, and you see message like I don't like Windows 10 and so on"

I'm sorry if you think I write such stupidity!

Thank you to the Moderators in MTC that because we are writing off the topic of this post -> no one has deleted my posts in this thread!

Thank you for the discussion

Good luck

I just share example, unfortunately, I don't understand the language so I couldn't comment on that. So, I just share one example I saw in the past. I remember a user asking about error in the Windows 10 and there was a reply like Windows is useless move to Linux and this post has been removed. Because users are asking to share them solution. However, may be your post has been deleted by mistake.
Thank you for following up in this discussion, so let see how it goes. There are strengths and weaknesses on this idea, and I believe it is possible to handle weaknesses.

@Reza_Ameri Thank you, was it removed or was it irrelevant?

Reza Ameri wrote:

"Thank you, Dylan, I am aware the volunteer moderator program is being run in other forums and it has advantage and disadvantage. From my experience there are more advantages and for potential issues, it is always possible to control them.

Thank you, Sergei, for sure before giving status as moderator some requirements should be defined, for example it should be someone who has been active in the forum for a while. Then they should receive training and let say for the first one month they have limit moderation option and are on the control but when everything is good, then let them continue to be moderator."

I removed the above post myself because incorrectly I reply to an old post.