SOLVED

List of available user ranks

Iron Contributor

Hy everyone!

I would like to know if there a list of available user ranks that appear on our profile here on the tech community and what they mean or what is required to get them.

Thanks in advance!

17 Replies
No love for my question? :sad_but_relieved_face:
best response confirmed by cbomtempo (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@cbomtempo 

Our ranking system is designed to reward users for a variety of behaviors in the community. This naturally leads to significant complexity which would not be a simple matter to explain. It is based around some core tenets:

• Logins
  • Views
  • Number of posts
  • Best Solutions
  • length of time a user has been a member
  • special ranks given to special groups like employees or MVPs

Thank you for your reply!

Which are the names of the available normal ranks?

@Eric Starker 

@FlorianKurrle I think you meant to tag me and not Eric Strong, but here are the user ranks.

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Respected Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Valued Contributor

Super Contributor

Regular Contributor

Frequent Contributor

Contributor

Occasional Contributor

New Contributor

Established Member

Regular Visitor

Frequent Visitor

Visitor

Occasional Visitor

Dankeschön!

Ja, das ist die automatische Übersetzung

Good moning

Are there special/exclusive benefits(perks) of being a MTC Contributor?

Hi @junsungE 

Helping others is > the greatest benefit! 

These are only honorary ranks, with no additional benefits - 

This is a public forum, hosted by Microsoft.

Thank you for your quick reply,@A1!

Nowadays I'm looking for Microsoft communities to contribute, there are several communities, and they have rewarding programs.

Microsoft Tech Community - Contributor level

Microsoft Support Community - Also a contributor program

MS Learn Q&A - Microsoft Community Champions Program

I was so confused and didn't know the difference between those so I asked a question here.

Above all are different, not linked, and operate separately right?

@junsungE   

Yes, there are simple guidelines in MTC: Code of Conduct - Microsoft Community Hub

The spaces you have indicated have different rules of participation, and different ways of rewarding Members in the Community 

If you prefer to respond and help in your own language (Korean) then it will be possible in this space -> https://answers.microsoft.com/

In Q&A - English is required.

Tell us what you think about it?

Thanks for the clarification @A1

I'm open to contributing to both English and Korean communities, but for the Korean community, it seems unmanaged and abandoned. That's not that active so I prefer to participate in the English community. I like actively engaging with others and I want to take initiative.

@junsungE :)

That's great! Stay at MTC, of course.

The Q&A space is a good place for advanced IT people, but I like MTC.

Try writing the first question in the Q&A, then you will see the differences!

Microsoft Q&A - Microsoft Q&A

@A1 

Sure! I'll be here as well as other MS communities.

But I think I might focus on the MS Support Community for a while.

Does any of these or something similar apply to MTC contributors? I saw some separate community(something like Power Platform Community or Dynamics 365 Community) has their own program, but I'm saying general MTC(https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/) because it has 100+ sub-communities(for example, Microsoft 365, Windows, Microsoft Teams, Exchange, and so much more).

• Direct access to the MTC team and participation in monthly calls or training
  • Networking with other like-minded tech expert members using a private community
  • Opportunity to be granted moderator privileges
  • Access for top contributors to Microsoft product information before it's released via Customer Connection Programs associated with various product teams
  • Your answered threads receive prioritized visibility within the community, minimizing the likelihood of escalation to other support groups.

Are all 100+ sub-communities under the same policy, not like Power Platform Community or Dynamics 365 Community?

@junsungE 

Yes, good = you're right, MTC is 113 spaces with equal rules ;

Communities - Microsoft Community Hub

@junsungE 

Since your last question is complex, I suggest you create a new thread in this space and (start a discussion to answer in detail)

This is beyond the topic of the current topic, I hope you understand.

@A1 

Sure, I posted a new thread!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by cbomtempo (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@cbomtempo 

Our ranking system is designed to reward users for a variety of behaviors in the community. This naturally leads to significant complexity which would not be a simple matter to explain. It is based around some core tenets:

• Logins
  • Views
  • Number of posts
  • Best Solutions
  • length of time a user has been a member
  • special ranks given to special groups like employees or MVPs

View solution in original post