I just want to appreciae you for this new feature added to the community

MVP

Now whenever we reply to someone's comment (with/without quote), which is in the middle of the thread, our reply doesn't go to the end of the thread, instead it goes right below the comment we replied to. this is really great and smart move. also makes a lot of sense. for someone reading the thread, it won't be confusing anymore because they don't have to go back and forth and find which comment a reply belongs to and so on.

Thank you!

5 Replies

@HotCakeX 

I agree that's good if you read old thread. So far not sure if that's good for the communications in active thread. Let assume we have 4-pages thread and someone asked question or commented the post on the second page. Perhaps sorting helps to find it for the person who was asked, don't know. Even with much shorter thread it will be hard to follow it if new posts appear randomly somewhere in the middle. Let play with it more.

After some playing with I could say that definitely don't like this feature. Too hard to communicate in threads with more than two participants and more than 3-4 posts.

@Allen , if count votes my one is against the feature. Now I'm answering on the latest post in the thread to change the mention if necessary and it always takes time to find latest post if it is in the middle of te thread.

@Sergei Baklan @HotCakeX 

Thanks for your feedback, I do have some good news.. if you do not like it you can change it for your own personal preference in your settings here.

Right now its set for default (threaded) but you can change it to oldest first (the way it used to be) or newest first which means the most recent post will be at top.

Hope that helps!

@Allen , thank you, if so I vote for it!

I'd only make default option as it was before (not sure what it was) to meet 469,661 users former experience.

I agree Sergei, we switched it back to chronological. But obviously if you prefer threaded I have shown you how to change it.