SOLVED

How to write a blog here in Technical Community

Brass Contributor

Dear MSFT Community,

I am newbie to Microsoft Technical Community. I have been thinking of writing a blog, but for some reason whenever i goto the blog space, there are no buttons to start one. I have instead posted some of my content in some forums. Is it due to some leveling up required as we ?

Regards,

Chin Lai

10 Replies
best response confirmed by Allen (Community Manager)
Microsoft Verified Best Answer
Solution

@ChinLaiThe Thanks for your inquiry. Our blogs are intended for Microsoft product teams to share news and information, so our bloggers are primarily Microsoft employees. Occasionally those teams will designate an MVP or outside expert to guest blog, but the Microsoft Tech Community is not intended as a public blogging platform.

The forums, however, are open to all to post and we'd welcome your contributions there. 

Thanks, understand the policy now. Cheers
That's not good, According to my opinion this should be open for all and Microsoft should supervise.

@Kamal Pandey Feel free to suggest any changes to Community Ideas.

I don't think that policy is likely to change though. There are lots of places for users to host individual blogs. The Tech Community was not designed as a place for that. Everyone can post in the forums though! 

@Eric Starker Please help me to understand where we can submit solutions such as PowerShell? like we used to submit on old TechNet website.

Thx, I was also looking to start blogging here. I understand the policy now. Will continue to blog on my own blog site..
Ok, understood !

One option is to allow the non-Microsoft employees to write the blog as an extension of the Microsoft blog, something like TED and TEDx

Regards

Sajid Hameed

(external link removed by moderator)

@Sajid_Hameed 

Thanks for the feedback and we will keep it in mind. However, at this time, that is our policy.

Please note we do not allow external links, even in your bios, so we've removed the link to your website. Please do not include these in the future.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Allen (Community Manager)
Microsoft Verified Best Answer
Solution

@ChinLaiThe Thanks for your inquiry. Our blogs are intended for Microsoft product teams to share news and information, so our bloggers are primarily Microsoft employees. Occasionally those teams will designate an MVP or outside expert to guest blog, but the Microsoft Tech Community is not intended as a public blogging platform.

The forums, however, are open to all to post and we'd welcome your contributions there. 

View solution in original post