Displaying unread message count in the left navigation under your favorite spaces

Iron Contributor

Hi,

In the left hand navigation today, there's only links to the "favorite spaces", but there's no real way for a user to know whether there's actually any new discussions or notifications happening in there. Currently I would have to click through each and every one of them (10+) to see if there's something new - and even then, it's not clear what is new and what isn't. 

Suggestions: 

- Display an indicator like "My Space Name - 11 new posts" or similar in the left menu when you expand it. 

- Display an indicator when you've navigated to that space, saying which posts are actually unread

- Enable a filter on the space where you could tick a box saying "Show only unread" or similar. 

Cheers,

Tobias.

2 Replies
The problem is still not fixed in Office 2021 Pro. I have multiple accounts, so I keep them all as IMAP accounts. I have pinned the inbox folder to my favorites, but I don't get an unread counter in it.

@torstenzaengel Hello! I believe the initial inquiry you responded to was around a feature on the Microsoft Tech Community website and not related to Office. This particular discussion space (the Tech Community Discussion space) is for discussions about the Microsoft Tech Community website only. 

If you'd like to post about Office 2021 Pro, feel free to do so in the Microsoft 365 discussion space: Microsoft 365 - Microsoft Community Hub