SOLVED

Community required permissions?

Brass Contributor

I just joined the community (I thought I joined before) and I was a little surprised with the permissions required.

Attached is a screenshot of the requirements.

The specific one that I care about is:

MS Tech Comm will be able to see and update your info, even when you're not using the app.

I have always seen read only permissions. Why would there ever need to be an update permission. Why would I want anybody other than me to update something on my account? Thanks. 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Mchael E (Brass Contributor)
Solution

That permission is what allows us to tell Office 365 that the account is being used with the Microsoft Tech Community. It's a required permission for authentication, as employers are permitted to know where the Office 365 account is being used. We aren't going to change your name or anything like that. Access to your data is managed in accordance with the Microsoft Privacy Policy.

Thanks, that is exactly what I expected. However, I would expect to see the exact permissions that are allowed, such as updating location or status vs updating my name as you said would not be done.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mchael E (Brass Contributor)
Solution

That permission is what allows us to tell Office 365 that the account is being used with the Microsoft Tech Community. It's a required permission for authentication, as employers are permitted to know where the Office 365 account is being used. We aren't going to change your name or anything like that. Access to your data is managed in accordance with the Microsoft Privacy Policy.

View solution in original post