As an MVP for 25 years, why am I not included when top contributors are filtered to show only MVPs?

MVP

The question is in the Subject.

17 Replies

@Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP 

Hi

Thank you for the topic - I'm also curious about the response of the Community Manager.

Mutual respect and appreciation of people who are volunteers is very important!

Best regards

Top contributors are calculated as a list of all post authors or replies ordered by the number of likes they have in the current board or category.

If you aren't included, it would be because your stats aren't the top based on our system. Sorry about that.

Hi Eric,
I do appear in the list when it is NOT filtered. It is when it is filtered to show only MVP's that I do NOT appear.
In other words, even though I am a current MVP and have been for 25+ years, my MVP status is NOT recognized.

@Eric Starker Your system is BROKEN.

If you look at the attached Word Hub Top Contributors Six Months.jpg, I have 37 Posts, 16 Likes, 1 Solution, which clearly trumps Kim_Do with 4 Posts, 12 Likes, 0 Solutions

As a result of that inconsistency, Kim_Do appears in the unfiltered list and I do not - See the attached Word Hub Top Contributors All.jpg

In the attached Word Hub Top Contributors One Month All.jpg, I appear at the top of the list.  However, when the list is filtered to show only contributions from MVPs for that period, as in Word Hub Top Contributors One Month MVP.jpg, only Stefan Blom appears.

To reiterate, I am a current MVP and have been for 25+ years.

@Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP Your MVP status was automatically added to a different account with your name - this one. I'm assuming this is also you, since there is only one Doug Robbins in the MVP program. That's likely why, when you joined the Tech Community again in November of 2021, your new account was not associated with your MVP status since your old account already was. 

I have granted you the MVP role on your new account, so you should now show up correctly. 

@Eric Starker Hi

I have a question because according to the code of this Community, a Member should write an email directly and explain it?

Please give me a tip to others that will be helpful in such problems.

Thank you

@Eric Starker Thanks, Eric.

Yes, that is me though I have no recollection of creating the other account.

It prompts me to raise the issue of why Microsoft has so fragmented their community support facilities.  To begin with, we had the NNTP newsgroups, which were a real community.  Then, they were replaced by the Answers Forums and some time later, along came the Tech Community and more recently, if I am correct, Microsoft Q&A.  I find the latter really cumbersome and do not venture there very often. As far as the Tech Community and the Answers Forums are concerned in the Word hub, both Jay Freedman and Stefan Blom and more recently I, in the case of the Tech Community, are very active in both.  

While the Tech Community does have the advantage of being able to include files, I do not find it as easy to work in as the forums.

@Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP 

So finding the right place to ask a question and getting the correct answer is very difficult!

Thank you very much, but this discussion will not fix it.  

@Doug_Robbins_Word_MVP 

Hope everything is now fixed for you with regard to your MVP status and showing up under top contributors! Sorry for any hassle there.

With regards to community support, I can understand your frustrations around feeling the Microsoft community experience is fragmented. The intended use case for Tech Community is more around sharing best practices, solutions for many, while Answers/Q&A is aimed at direct immediate support needs. 

I can also share, with regard to any frustrations around this community platform, that we are continuing to update the Tech Community and improve it iteratively. If you have specific concerns or ideas, feel free to share them here or post them in our Community Ideas board.

I'm hoping I am interpreting your question correctly - yes, we do recommend members reach out to us directly via email regarding their MVP status, but we also try to provide support wherever we can (as in this case, on a message board thread) given the sense of urgency. We like to go above and beyond wherever we can!

@Eric Starker 

I understand, but the most correct would be to write an email to MTC - is this how I understand your tip?

Yes, as per our code of conduct, we typically recommend people who are MVPs and do not have their MVP status visible on Tech Community to email us, but we offer support wherever we can.

@Eric Starker While I imagine that there is nothing unusual in the code of conduct, where can it be found?

what are the benefits of being MVP, just curious to know.

@Virendra 

Depends on goals. For me main benefit is possibility to communicate directly with other MVPs and partly Microsoft team in my area.

If you are consultant or trainer perhaps such status could help in your business, but that's not my case.

Plus some licenses for demo purposes, also not important.

New functionality we receive same way as all other insiders, if only under NDA information about it could be available shortly before public announcement.

And last but not least, money <> MVP. Paid contributions are out of MVP program.