You may have noticed that there is a new look to the profile pages. When you click on your own profile or the profile pages of others, you'll notice you can do more things than in the previous view. Here is a list of the changes you'll noticed at a glance:
- You will continue to see your name, your role and the name of the company you work for at the top of the profile page
- You can instantly send a private message (will be sent to their private inbox) or follow an individual member in the Tech Community
- Instantly see your current Tech Community stats based on number of posts, likes received, number of your replies marked as 'Best Responses' and number of subscriptions
- Presence of the member online at the Tech Community (if green, probably a good time to message them to get a quicker response)
- Information the member has themselves disclosed about their location and social media channels. Date they joined the Tech Community is also shared here
- A brief self-written bio of the member
- Tabs to see their activity feed, achievements (badges earnt), who their followers are and who they are following
- Under the 'Activity' tab, you can discern between Conversations they've started, Conversations they've replied to, or all the conversations they are involved in
- See who they have given likes to or who sent them likes.
Here is a list of future plans we have for the profile pages:
- A drop-down list posts where you have @mentions
- A view where you can see the communities the member or yourself have joined
- A view where you can see the spaces the member or yourself have favourited.
These changes are part of an effort to make the Tech Community a place where you can showcase your expertise on Microsoft technologies and help you make connections to IT Pros across the planet. Let us know what you think by replying to this post!