You don't have permissions to add for adding a bot

Copper Contributor

Hi,
I have a `team owner` rule but when I try to add a bot it shows below error:

clipboard_image_0.png

17 Replies

@PejmanNik same thing here, spent about an hour making my bot and can't add it to any teams

@SalmanMKC @PejmanNik Could you please check if sideloading is enabled for your tenant?setup policies.png

Thank you.@Gousia_Begum 
yes, It is.MicrosoftTeams-image (3).png

@PejmanNik Did you enable it now or it was already enabled? If you have enabled it some time back, it usually take some time to reflect back in the Teams UI. 

Interesting point :) @Gousia_Begum 
Yes I just enabled it now. Thank you. I'll test it and 3-4 h again.

@Gousia_Begum 
It is almost 24h after I updated the setting, and still I have the same issue

@PejmanNik Is this resolved now?

Thank you for your reply @Gousia_Begum 
No, nothing changed

@PejmanNik Can you go to the Apps section in the left rail and see if you have an option to Upload custom apps?

Untitled.png

@PejmanNik I don't think you need sideloading turned on, actually for this - I suspect it something else. Is this a custom Bot you're building? If so, how did you register the Bot into Teams? Did you use the App Studio, or just connect to it via the Azure portal?

I had the same problem, but found a workaround. Instead of installing the app directly from the App Studio, I suggest you download it, then Upload it by clicking "Upload a custom app" in Apps.
1)

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 2.31.17 PM.png

2)

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 2.31.54 PM.png

@Gousia_Begum 
I don't have this item

clipboard_image_0.png

Hi @Hilton Giesenow 

Is this a custom Bot you're building? 

Yes, it is.

how did you register the Bot into Teams? Did you use the App Studio, or just connect to it via the Azure portal?

I use App Studio in Teams

Thank you @fperalta 

I don't have this option

clipboard_image_0.png

@PejmanNik You need to have sideloading enabled in order to have an option to upload custom apps. Could you please confirm if you have sideloading enabled as described earlier?

@Gousia_Begum 
Do you mean this one?setup policies.png

@fperalta This worked for me.  Thank you!