SOLVED

Want to post adaptive card data to/from my website

Copper Contributor

I have a custom app for MS Teams and I want to submit adaptive card to my website and also want to send notifications from my website to particular teams channels. How can I implement this using teams bot?

4 Replies
@anaas1070 - We are looking into this I will get back to you soon.
best response confirmed by ChetanSharma-msft (Microsoft)
Solution

@anaas1070 - Webhooks are a great way for Teams to integrate with external apps. You can send Adaptive Card, Hero card, and text messages as attachment with Outgoing Webhook.

A webhook is essentially a POST request sent to a callback URL. In Teams, outgoing webhooks provide a simple way to allow users to send messages to your web service without having to go through the full process of creating bots via the Microsoft Bot Framework.
Reference Document:- Create an Outgoing Webhook - Teams | Microsoft Docs

https://github.com/OfficeDev/Microsoft-Teams-Samples/tree/main/samples/outgoing-webhook/csharp

Hey @Sayali-MSFT, It is a good solution and I have already tried this and it works fine. But I'm creating a bot and want this functionality dynamically. I just want to install that bot in different channels to perform this action. And don't want to create webhooks manually but I want my bot to do this.

Also I want to send notifications from my website to a teams channel where my bot is installed.

@anaas1070- Currently we do not have this functionality dynamically. We need to create webhooks manually and send the Adaptive Card, Hero card, and text messages as attachment with Outgoing Webhook.

Thanks,
Sayali

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChetanSharma-msft (Microsoft)
Solution

@anaas1070 - Webhooks are a great way for Teams to integrate with external apps. You can send Adaptive Card, Hero card, and text messages as attachment with Outgoing Webhook.

A webhook is essentially a POST request sent to a callback URL. In Teams, outgoing webhooks provide a simple way to allow users to send messages to your web service without having to go through the full process of creating bots via the Microsoft Bot Framework.
Reference Document:- Create an Outgoing Webhook - Teams | Microsoft Docs

https://github.com/OfficeDev/Microsoft-Teams-Samples/tree/main/samples/outgoing-webhook/csharp

View solution in original post