SOLVED

User added in chat cannot see chat history

Brass Contributor

Hi, I have some questions about adding the external user(out of org) to chat. I created a chat channel and invited some users in org and all of them were able to see the chat history after channel was created. Then I added many external users through graph API(add member to chat), they could join the chat channel but they couldn't read messages before they joined in. I had shared all chat history to them but they still cannot read history before joining. I don't want to send duplicate messages to them, so is there anyway to let them able to get all chat history?

7 Replies

@ChenguangHe - We tried adding external user to group chat including all chat history in MS Teams and later on logging in using external user credentials, we are able to see all chat history.

Prasad_DasMSFT_0-1679477773423.png

Thanks, 

Prasad Das

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate. 

@Prasad_Das-MSFT This is the chat thread I created when I started a meeting yesterday. Some messages had been posted before the external user joined.

Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 9.31.34 AM.png

And this is the chat record shown in external user's teams. You can see that no message is shown before system message that user was invited in(time of the first message is 9:02)

Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 9.37.07 AM.png

I already enable the user to view all chat history

Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 9.32.09 AM.png

@ChenguangHe - We also tried the same scenario with meeting chat, however on adding external user, they can see the chat history.

Could you shared some pictures that the external user could see chat messages before joining in?

@ChenguangHe - This is the screenshot before joining the meeting:

Prasad_DasMSFT_0-1679646349288.png

After joining:

Prasad_DasMSFT_1-1679646383646.png

@Prasad_Das-MSFT
I don't see the message "before adding" on your second picture yet. That's same as what I said. Can you confirm that the guest is able to see messages before he joining the channel?

best response confirmed by ChenguangHe (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@ChenguangHe - No, the user can see messages before joining as well. Attaching the screenshot:

Prasad_DasMSFT_0-1679914597507.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChenguangHe (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@ChenguangHe - No, the user can see messages before joining as well. Attaching the screenshot:

Prasad_DasMSFT_0-1679914597507.png

View solution in original post