Unable to reach app - Adaptive Cards

Copper Contributor

I've written some adaptive cards to track employee responses to tasks.  The adaptive card comes from the power automate 'Post an adaptive card and wait for a response' flow.  My card has a single button on it that allows the user to respond and the flow will have a bot post the time at which they pressed the button.  However, it seems that Teams randomly doesn't process the odd button press and leaves the error below, however, the response is still posted by the bot so the flow is working fine. 

I can't seem to find what is in common between the times when it fails and when it succeeds, has anyone had this issue with Teams and adaptive cards with responses?

Example.png

It is supposed to be changed to something like below. (The response)

Example2.png

23 Replies

@Lycius - Could you please share the adaptive card JSON so that we can try it out once from our end?

@Prasad_Das-MSFT Here is a copy of the adaptive card. The Update Message is not an adaptive card itself just "@{variables('StrClientName')}'s @{variables('StrFormName')} was handled."

{
    "$schema": "http://adaptivecards.io/schemas/adaptive-card.json",
    "type": "AdaptiveCard",
    "version": "1.2",
    "body": [
        {
            "type": "TextBlock",
            "text": "A Form was Submitted",
            "id": "Title",
            "spacing": "Medium",
            "horizontalAlignment": "Center",
            "size": "ExtraLarge",
            "weight": "Bolder",
            "color": "Accent"
        },
        {
            "text": "Received at @{body('Convert_time_zone')}",
            "id": "acHeaderTagLine",
            "separator": true
        },
        {
            "weight": "Bolder",
            "size": "Large",
            "spacing": "None",
            "id": "acHeader",
            "text": "Information Below"
        },
        {
            "text": "@{outputs('Get_@mention_token_for_Type_1_Notifications')?['body/atMention']}",
            "wrap": true,
            "id": "txtMention"
        },
        {
            "text": "@{variables('StrClientName')} submitted the @{variables('StrFormName')}",
            "id": "acDetails",
            "wrap": true
        },
        {
            "text": "Has the associated task been complete?",
            "id": "acQuestion",
            "weight": "Bolder"
        },
        {
            "type": "ActionSet",
            "actions": [
                {
                    "type": "Action.Submit",
                    "id": "butSubmit",
                    "title": "Yes, I have completed any associated tasks."
                }
            ]
        }
    ]
}

@Lycius - We have tried to repro the issue with the JSON provided, but it worked for us. We didn't get any error message. Please try to update MS Teams version and check if it helps.

Prasad_DasMSFT_0-1644225281435.png

Thanks, 

Prasad Das

---------------------------------------------------------------------

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate.

@Lycius - Could you please confirm if your issue has resolved with above suggestion or still looking for any help?
I will observe the cards for a few days and see if it occurs again. Unless the update on the 3rd of Feb fixed this issue it could reoccur. As I could not update Teams and nothing has changed on my end, I have to observe for a few days. It looks like I never responded yesterday that was my bad.

Teams automatically updates and I am surprised you aren't asking for the version. The last time it was updated was on the 3rd.

You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.2164 (64-bit). It was last updated on 2/3/2022.

@ChetanSharma-msft Definitely still happening.  We had one not work just now.

@Lycius - We have tested the scenario again in both Teams web client and Teams Desktop Client(Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.3276 (64-bit). It was last updated on 03-02-2022) and its working in both cases.

@Prasad_Das-MSFT 

As I said, it's intermittent, it happened again at 10:24 and 10:30 AM this morning but worked with the previous 9 cards. As the problem is intermittent is there some way to review logs or information on my end and note when it occurs so I can send the logs to you? I had originally thought it had something to do with replying then processing the card but that's not always the case.  (The first example is missing the error because it only displays once and if you leave and return the button is just dead without the error appearing again when you click on it.)

@Lycius -Could you please check the behaviour in Teams web client and if possible please share console logs?

@Prasad_Das-MSFT This has the logs from the last day and a bit, as mentioned before the errors occurred close to 10:24 and 10:30 AM my time. (GMT -6 Saskatchewan)

I will test the web client over the next few business days with the hope of either not running into the issue or encountering it again.  (If it's an issue specific to the desktop app at least we narrow it down.)

Would logs from Power Automate be of any use for the runs containing the cards that have the error in Teams? 

@Lycius -Yes ,If you can send Power Automate  run logs, that will be more insightful

@Prasad_Das-MSFT 
This is the PA overview and the log from the "Post an Adaptive Card and wait for a response" portion of the 9:45:54 AM one from above, they aren't failing.  At this point, I don't know where a log showing the actual error would be.  If you have any suggestions of additional things I can provide please let me know.

PAOverview.png

{
  "responseTime": "2022-02-10T16:24:42.2140241Z",
  "responder": {
    "objectId": "4a58e735-22a1-4009-a8e9-4826c679b9a6",
    "tenantId": "fef7b581-dfeb-4de7-a544-9800421ba919",
    "email": "Email address removed",
    "userPrincipalName": "Email address removed",
    "displayName": "User Removed"
  },
  "submitActionId": "butSubmit",
  "messageId": "1644507957204",
  "messageLink": "https://teams.microsoft.com/l/message/19:e605852af55c48b5be7f00cb2ff61930@thread.tacv2/1644507957204"
}

@Lycius - Although we are still not able to repro the issue, we have raised a bug for this and engineering team is looking into it.
We will inform you once we get any update. Thanks!

Thanks, 

Prasad Das

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate. 

@Lycius -Could you please share a network trace from an attempt to click on the button?

@Prasad_Das-MSFT 

Sure, it may take a couple days as I'll need to have it reoccur.  I also haven't seen it occur with the web version which makes me think it might be a network issue as well.

@Prasad_Das-MSFT Here is a 3 minute trace leading up to this failed event. The error isn't shown as it goes away if I switch teams but the card has not updated after the follow up for the flow left the reply.

PA01.png

@Lycius -Engineering team is having trouble interpreting this event viewer. Could you please use edge/chrome dev tools to capture and generate a har file What Is a HAR File? - KeyCDN Support or fiddler to capture a network trace? Create a Session Archive Zip (SAZ) Traffic Archive | Fiddler Classic (telerik.com)

Both of those cases would not display the issue at hand as I have yet to reproduce the issue in the web version so I'll need a couple of days to try and reproduce it again. I may be able to save the event viewer data in the old event file type if needed as well. (ETL files)

@Lycius - Did you get any chance to check the issue and share logs?