SOLVED

Unable to install latest PowerShell Module

Brass Contributor

I'm trying to follow the instructions here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/private-channels-life-cycle-management#teams-powersh... because ultimately I want to run the Get-TeamChannelUser which is only available in these beta modules. It looks like they are at version 1.0.21, but I can't get past version 0.9.6. 

I closed out of all PS sessions (even rebooted), uninstalled the original Teams module and then started trying to install the latest. You can see in the screen shot below I already registered the repository which is why I get that error. 

PSInstallTeams1.png

Now when I get the version of the installed module, it's still 0.9.6 and the Get-TeamChannelUser is not available. 

PSInstallTeams2.png

I've tried to do an Update-Module and even use the -UseMinimumVersion flag but none of that works. What am I missing here?

7 Replies

@michaelkubala ,

The command is available in current version. Can you please try any one of the below steps.

1) clean uninstall and reinstall the microsoftteams module

uninstall: Uninstall-Module -Name MicrosoftTeams

Install: http://www.thatlazyadmin.com/install-microsoft-teams-powershell-module/

2) update the current version

Update-Module -Name MicrosoftTeams

Minimum powershell version should be 3.0

@subhasish-MSFT Yeah I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, but it never updates to the latest version. 

@michaelkubala ,
Which cmdlet are you trying for installing MicrosoftTeams module?

Can you please try this. It worked for me.
Install-Module -Name MicrosoftTeams -RequiredVersion 1.0.21

best response confirmed by michaelkubala (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@subhasish-MSFT 

Yeah I had tried that command, but it didn't work. I got the issue resolved now though. I noticed that even after running Uninstall-Module, the module was still in my Modules directories on my machine. I manually deleted the MicrosoftTeams module folder in both modules directories and went through the install steps again and now I see that MicrosoftTeams v1.0.21 is installed. 

This is what I get

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Install-Module -Name MicrosoftTeams -RequiredVersion 1.0.21
PackageManagement\Install-Package : No match was found for the specified search criteria and module name 'MicrosoftTeams'.

Without -RequiredVersion it does install, but then it's the 1.06 :(

@ValliMarco Thank you!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by michaelkubala (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@subhasish-MSFT 

Yeah I had tried that command, but it didn't work. I got the issue resolved now though. I noticed that even after running Uninstall-Module, the module was still in my Modules directories on my machine. I manually deleted the MicrosoftTeams module folder in both modules directories and went through the install steps again and now I see that MicrosoftTeams v1.0.21 is installed. 

View solution in original post