SOLVED

Unable to enable Teams Developer Tools

Brass Contributor

Hi,
I signed up for a 12 month free Azure account and am trying to debug a Teams app but I cannot get the Teams developer tools enabled. I'm able to install my app in my Teams test tenant but the menu option "About->Developer Preview " is missing. That means I cannot enable the developer tools.

I've noticed that I'm able to enable the Developer Tools when I use one of my other Azure accounts. Therefore, I suspect I am missing something in my account configuration. Do you have any ideas what is missing?

(I've attached an image showing the missing menu item, along with an image with the menu item included)

Thanks,

George

2 Replies
best response confirmed by George71 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @George71

Developer Preview is a public program for developers which provides early access to unreleased features in Microsoft Teams. This allows you to explore and test upcoming features for potential inclusion in your Microsoft Teams app. Developer preview is enabled per Microsoft Teams client.
This document would help to to enable Developer Preview.

It looks like I needed to enable the "upload custom apps" option in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/concepts/build-and-test/prepare-your-o365-t...

Once I did that, my problem was resolved.

thanks! :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by George71 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @George71

Developer Preview is a public program for developers which provides early access to unreleased features in Microsoft Teams. This allows you to explore and test upcoming features for potential inclusion in your Microsoft Teams app. Developer preview is enabled per Microsoft Teams client.
This document would help to to enable Developer Preview.

View solution in original post