SOLVED

Teams tab activity permissions

Copper Contributor

Trying to add the option to send notifications to the activity feed as described here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/learn/modules/msteams-teamwork-endpoint/7-exercise-activity-feed

In the azure portal I am adding this https://graph.microsoft.com/TeamsActivity.Send permision and i my manifest added 

"applicationPermissions": [
"https://graph.microsoft.com/TeamsActivity.Send"

or 

"applicationPermissions": [
"TeamsActivity.Send"
]

Double checking that webApplicationInfo.id is the same as the one in Azure.

I am still getting the error:

Please check the values of webApplicationInfo.id and webApplicationInfo.applicationPermissions.

The permissions does not show correctly during the installation, see attached.

4 Replies
Adding the id for:
Microsoft Teams mobile & desktop clients, Microsoft Teams web client seems to make the error go away, but I still do not understand why I see "teamsactivity.send" when intsalling the app and not the description as in the other permissions.
best response confirmed by someone_developing (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@someone_developing 
The issues you are facing might be due to RSC permissions. The granular, Teams-specific, RSC permissions define what an application can do within a specific resource.
Enable resource-specific consent in Teams - Teams | Microsoft Docs
Please refer the below blog post as it clearly described how to use the RSC and the issues mentioned by you:
Microsoft Teams has a new, more granular AND resource-specific permissions model for apps! What is R...

Thanks, 

Prasad Das

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate. 

Thank you for the answer, we have decided not to move on with the activity feed app because we can not push the activity app notifications to everyone.

@someone_developing 
Thanks for confirming it back. If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by someone_developing (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@someone_developing 
The issues you are facing might be due to RSC permissions. The granular, Teams-specific, RSC permissions define what an application can do within a specific resource.
Enable resource-specific consent in Teams - Teams | Microsoft Docs
Please refer the below blog post as it clearly described how to use the RSC and the issues mentioned by you:
Microsoft Teams has a new, more granular AND resource-specific permissions model for apps! What is R...

Thanks, 

Prasad Das

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate. 

View solution in original post