SOLVED

Teams Messaging extension is not showing "choiceset" field in the android teams app and for IOS.

Copper Contributor

I have created one teams messaging extension.

In which for input parameters in manifest file i have used one "choiceset" input parameter and text fields that is working fine in desktop teams and on browser, but when I try to use same teams extension from  android, drop down  for Choiceset is missing there.

And in IOS its not even opening the screen for input parameters.

Below code i have used for "Choiceset".

{
"name": "canvas",
"title": "Screen Canvas (Optional)",
"description": "",
"inputType": "choiceset",
"choices": [
{
"title": "AR Camera",
"value": "1"
},
{
"title": "Black Background",
"value": "2"
},
{
"title": "White Background",
"value": "3"
}
]
},

16 Replies
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution
Sound like a bug

I would raise it here: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public?category_id=205564

Let me know when your raised it and send the link and I will pass it onto Teams engineering

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris
Hello,
We are able repro this issue. We will get back to you soon.
Thanks

@HunaidHanfee-MSFT 

Also there is one more issue, if there is long description for checkbox field it cut downs the text in IOS and but works fine with android.

Hiral_Patel_0-1628164053629.png

Original text is as shown below:

Hiral_Patel_1-1628167506134.png

It is happening in messaging extension action?
For the choiceset, we have raised the bug. We will let you know the updates. Thanks
yes, the above issue is in the same teams messaging extension for IOS.
Thanks, I will check with internal team and update you.

@Hiral_Patel - Concerned team is looking into it. We will let you know once it is resolved.

Is there any update or estimated time scale?

@Hiral_Patel --

We have raised a bug internally. We do not have an ETA to share but we will share updates on this thread. Thanks for understanding.

@Hiral_Patel - Team is looking into that issue. As of now I don't have such updates to share. 

Thanks

@Hiral_Patel - We came to know that this issue is not a bug but a feature gap on mobile. It will gonna take time to be available as it's a feature gap.

@Christopher Hoard - We checked this issue again. We can see the input choice set in Teams in Android devices. However, in iOS it's still not visible. Please do verify at your end.
Android:

Prasad_DasMSFT_0-1672299235639.png

Teams Version: 

Prasad_DasMSFT_1-1672299284620.png

iOS:

Prasad_DasMSFT_2-1672299340966.png

Teams Version: 

Prasad_DasMSFT_3-1672299432778.png

Thanks, 

Prasad Das

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution
Sound like a bug

I would raise it here: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public?category_id=205564

Let me know when your raised it and send the link and I will pass it onto Teams engineering

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

View solution in original post