SOLVED

Teams approvals - Use HTML table in the approval creation

Copper Contributor

I am creating an Approval for Teams in Power Automate called from Power Apps.  In Power Apps, I dynamically create a table using HTML with a header and data rows from SharePoint list data (could be from any data source), and I use it to send an email.  Works great.\

Now I want to use that same HTML string and pass it to Power Automate to create a Teams approval.  I assumed I could pass it as a string parameter as I do when I use a flow to create the email (actually send it as a fully completed email body), but I m not certain how to use it in the create approval action.

I am testing manually and just used some simple HTML (<H2>Text</H2>) but I get those as text values, not HTML commands.

When I click on the approval I created, I notice "Comments" at the bottom of the card that appears.  Ideally this is where I would like to place the table, along with some other dynamic data I get in Power Apps.  

I would rate my expertise with Power Apps and Automate rather advanced, but just recently starting playing with Teams other than using it for meetings, so I may be short on what I need to know in Teams.

Hope someone can help me advance my expertise on this problem.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Larry Heimendinger (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Larry Heimendinger 

You can follow this blog and video to format approval emails.
Also refer this link: Use markdown to format Power Automate approvals - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs
Hope this helps !

Thanks for the references. Not only did I learn that HTML itself is not supported but also that Teams Approval does not support even the alternative text formatting syntax. Bummer..
But thanks indeed.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Larry Heimendinger (Copper Contributor)