SOLVED

Tabs Running in Background

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

As I am aware (and please correct my if I'm wrong), the tabs from the tab Apps in Teams stop "executing" when you switch tab (as if you closed the tab in a browser), and reload when you switch back to them. For an App that we are making, it would be useful if there was any possibility of running a tab in the background, like when you have a tab opened in your browser. Therefore I would like to know whether any of the following is possible:

• Keep a tab running in background, as explained before
  • Allow a popup window/tab/whatever that keeps some task running in the background while the user explores other tabs/apps inside Team

Thank you

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Peaverin (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Peaverin - There doesn't seem to be any way to keep a tab running in background.
Could you please help by suggesting this feature on Microsoft Teams Community 

Thanks, 

Nivedipa

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Peaverin (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Peaverin - There doesn't seem to be any way to keep a tab running in background.
Could you please help by suggesting this feature on Microsoft Teams Community 

Thanks, 

Nivedipa

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate. 

View solution in original post