Subscribe to changes in Microsoft Teams presence – Now in Preview!

MVP

We’ve been able to query Microsoft Graph for the presence state of Microsoft Teams users for a while, but only via a simple GET call. There hasn’t been a way to subscribe to changes, other than polling that GET call every minute or so.

Now, however, there is a way to do this! You can subscribe to change notifications for presence via a new presence subscription API which is now in Public Preview.

This subscription is similar to other Graph webhooks. See my blog post: How to: Use the new Webhooks for Microsoft Teams Channel & Chat Messages for more details on how to use them generally.

This doesn’t replace the existing GET method which can you continue to use. This is simply a nicer way to be told about changes to presence state.

Read More: https://blog.thoughtstuff.co.uk/2020/07/subscribe-to-changes-in-microsoft-teams-presence-now-in-prev...

1 Reply

@Tom Morgan Hello Tom, 

I have implemented the webhook and it works great ! notifications are received in approx 5 seconds after the presence is changed !

My questions is regarding the lifecycle events. I registered the 

lifecycleNotificationUrl in the subscription, but it is never called. Meaning that when the subscription is expired I'm not notified to reactive it.

Is this not implemented?

thanks
Dirk