SOLVED

"The following character are not allo..' in Teams but allowed in SharePoint

Copper Contributor

Why is this an issue in Teams when I can upload a file (with '#' or '&' in it's file name) via SharePoint? Is there any plan to solve this in Teams. I noticed I can't download the file either in Teams but can do it in SharePoint.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution

@Doralisa 

Looks like with the new files experience and tighter integration between Teams and SharePoint (mentioned here) that this has been resolved. I just uploaded two files - one called #File and one called &File to the File tab

TeamsFiles.PNG

Looks like that has been resolved! Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard Have you tried the 'hyperlink using these characters?' It works to upload files and name them, but if you click the copy link...it will take the hastag (#) and changes it to a %2523 vs the character #.  Therefore, you will get a 404 error. Whether its a file or folder.

@Doralisa I cant believe this problem happened in Teams, when it is normal use some characters in the name of files. This standard used in Explore, word, excel... must be the same for Teams. I cannot use "-"... Is incredible

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution

@Doralisa 

Looks like with the new files experience and tighter integration between Teams and SharePoint (mentioned here) that this has been resolved. I just uploaded two files - one called #File and one called &File to the File tab

TeamsFiles.PNG

Looks like that has been resolved! Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

View solution in original post