Publishing Power App to Team Store Invalid App Manifest File

Copper Contributor

I was tasked to develop a power app and publish to Microsoft Team Store (Organization Only). I have done the application development.

When I try to publish the App to App store , I got to know that team app manifest file need to be done. So I used guide can created the manifest file as bellow.

{
  "$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/json-schemas/teams/v1.7/MicrosoftTeams.schema.json",
  "manifestVersion": "1.7",
  "version": "1.0.0",
  "id": "c3396bee-dcd6-4d8e-a683-23f16a23d0b8",
  "packageName": "MyAppPackage",
   "developer": {
    "name": "API Team",
    "websiteUrl": "https://www.myOrg.com",
    "privacyUrl": "https://myOrg.com/privacy",
    "termsOfUseUrl": "https://myOrg.com/toc"
  },
  "name": {
    "short": "my App Name",
    "full": "my app Long Name"
  },
  "description": {
    "short": "my app short descrption.",
    "full": "My app long description."
  },
  "icons": {
    "outline": "icon-outline.png",
    "color": "icon-color.png"
  },
  "accentColor": "#FFBB00",
  "permissions": [
    "identity",
    "messageTeamMembers"
  ],
  "validDomains": [
    "virtusa.com"
  ],
  "defaultInstallScope": "personal",
  "powerAppInfo": {
    "powerAppId": "c3fd6bee-dcd6-gf8e-a683-23ere6a23d0b8",
    "entityId": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000",
    "webUrl": "power app url"
  }
}

When I validate this in Developer Portal I'm getting bellow validation issue

Property "defaultInstallScope" has not been defined and the schema does not allow additional properties.
Property "powerAppInfo" has not been defined and the schema does not allow additional properties.

So I removed these properties and resubmitted, then app is properly validating, once I imported to Dev Portal and preview in teams I get bellow

Untitled.png

Unfortunately I do not get any installation option as a personal app in team app store.

I have tried different app manifest version but still the same.

I'm trying to host the app as personal app for team in my org. before doing that I use developer portal to validate and priview.

the app should able to access by users in org (can publish to app sore)

6 Replies

@Viduz - "defaultInstallScope" & "powerAppInfo" properties doesn't seem to be supported here.
If you want to add/publish your PowerApps in MS Teams, please follow below documents which explains about exporting and importing of PowerApps & Publishing your app in MS Teams.
1. Export and import canvas app packages - Power Apps | Microsoft Learn
2. Publish your app using Power Apps app in Teams - Power Apps | Microsoft Learn

Thanks, 

Prasad Das

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate. 

@Prasad_Das-MSFT  , Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately above two methods you suggested will not work when I try to import the same to Team App Store. it need to have full pledge Manifest file. which generate from the import package wizard not working for Org Team App Store. 

This is to push the app to team app store (org level).

@Viduz - Okay, we will check with engineering team how we can do so with Teams app store. We will inform you once we get an update. Thanks!

@Viduz - We got an update from engineering team that "Currently, an app cannot be published direct to store for all tenants. They can be shared within an entire organization (and appear in the store in the “built with power platform”), but not cross tenant."

Thanks, 

Prasad Das

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate. 

Hi @prasad_Das_MSFT , Thanks.

Thanks. How can I host this on "built with power platform"? will this be visible to all the collogues in org? or only direct peers?

@Viduz - Once you create any app in PowerApps Portal, 

Prasad_DasMSFT_0-1675840742757.png

the app will be visible in 'Built with Power Platform' section of your MS Teams.

Prasad_DasMSFT_1-1675842362799.png

By following below doc if you Share the app with everyone/other uses then the app will be visible in their MS Teams, and they can use it.
-To allow your entire organization to run the app (but not modify or share it), enter Everyone in the sharing panel.
-You can share an app with a list of aliases, friendly names, or a combination of those (for example, Meghan Holmes <meghan.holmes@contoso.com>) if the items are separated by semicolons.
Ref: Share a canvas app with your organization - Power Apps | Microsoft Learn

Thanks, 

Prasad Das