Not able to publish my react app

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a React web app, and I'm looking to integrate it with Microsoft Teams using the Developer Toolkit extension in Visual Studio Code. However, I'm struggling to find suitable resources for this task; all the available materials seem irrelevant to the new developer portal. Many resources are focused on App Studio, but to my knowledge, it has been discontinued. Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 Replies

@rajat999 - 

To integrate your React web app with Microsoft Teams using the Developer Toolkit extension in Visual Studio Code, you can follow these steps:

1. Install the Teams Toolkit extension in Visual Studio Code. You can find it in the Visual Studio Code marketplace by searching for "Teams Toolkit" or by visiting the Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code page.

2. Once the extension is installed, open your React web app project in Visual Studio Code.

3. In the Visual Studio Code sidebar, you will find the Teams Toolkit icon. Click on it to open the Teams Toolkit panel.

4. In the Teams Toolkit panel, click on the "Sign in" button and sign in with your Microsoft 365 account.

5. After signing in, you can see your app listed in the Teams Toolkit panel. Click on your app to select it.

6. Now, you can see various options for different capabilities like Tabs, Bots, Messaging Extensions, etc. Select the capability you want to integrate with your React web app.

7. Follow the prompts and provide the necessary information to configure the capability. For example, if you select the Tab capability, you will need to provide the URL of your React web app.

8. Once you have configured the capability, the Teams Toolkit will scaffold the necessary files and configurations for you.

9. You can now start developing and testing your app within Teams using the Teams Toolkit. You can use the debugging features provided by the Teams Toolkit to test your app directly in Teams.

10. When you are ready to publish your app, you can use the Teams Toolkit to package and publish your app to the Teams Developer Portal. From there, you can submit your app for validation and distribution.

Ref: Develop your apps with Teams Toolkit - Teams | Microsoft Learn

Thanks, 

Prasad Das

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate. 

@Prasad_Das-MSFT Still I can't see my website. I have attached what is being displayed when after I have followed the mentioned steps.

@Prasad_Das-MSFT Also I want to integrate my existing web app to the teams. after opening dev tool kit this is what I'm seeing. Attaching a screenshot of that. It says create a new app as you can see in left hand side. but i want to use my existing web app.