[New developer] Attempting to acces user Name and talk duration in a team voice meeting.

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to develop an extension for Teams where a host can mesure the engagment of the participants based on their talk time. The current setup i'm trying to work is having a Bot join the call, rapport who talks and for how long to a backend and reporting this data in a Teams Tab.

However i seem to be unable to get acces to the data of Who is talking and for how long they talk.
I'm unsure if this is protected because of privacy concerns and i should abandon this approach or if i'm just not finding/using the right angle.

I've attempt to set up an IVR Bot to join the call in order to obtain the information.
Ive used https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/build-your-first-app/build-bot to set up the bot.
And i'm currently trying to figure out the authorisations for the Graph api.
But mostly i'm wondering if it's even possible at all.

Thank you for your time.

4 Replies

@WRombouts, Taking this for internal discussion with team and will get back to you.

@Sridevi-MSFT, Thank you for your time and consideration. I'm eagerly awaiting your response.

@WRombouts - On meeting's side, we have attendance report but it only logs the join and leave time of a participant. We don't have data of the total time when a participant was talking. And from calling's side currently we don't have any data indicates participant talking time.