MS Teams Bot Input Integration with Dataverse

Copper Contributor

Hello @Nivedipa-MSFT, I have a displayed form in my ms teams bot app and I wish to collect user input in the form and save the inputs in Dataverse. How do I go about achieving this?

25 Replies
We are looking into this, we will get back to you.
thank you @Meghana-MSFT, I look forward to receiving your positive feedback. In addition, please note that the context of the form(adaptive card) is task modules.
Can you please let us know if you are able to receive inputs in Adaptive card form in Task Module.

@Meghana-MSFT I cannot receive input in the adaptive card form again because the form would not display again when I clicked the herocard I have.

Here is what I got:Screenshot (54).png

Hello @Meghana-MSFT, Is your team still working on the Dataverse API on teams? My team wants me to give an update concerning this. 
How soon can we start working with the Dataverse API?

Thank you in anticipation of your positive feedback.

Can you please share the repro steps as simple Task Module should not have this issue.

What do you mean by repro steps?

Please share the minimal code snippet and documents you have referred. So that we can try and implement this at our end.

@Meghana-MSFT  thank you for your response. Find the screenshots of the code snippet and the link to the documentation below: Task modules for bot Screenshot (61).pngScreenshot (62).png

Please I would like to get an update @Meghana-MSFT.
Apologies for the delay, we are looking into it. We will get back to you with an update.

@Meghana-MSFT any update yet? Please I'll like to know why task module is no longer available.

@netjonin - Apologies, we have setup this sample Microsoft-Teams-Samples/samples/bot-task-module/nodejs at main · OfficeDev/Microsoft-Teams-Samples (...

While trying to fill and submit the custom form, it is showing a blank page. We raised a bug for this. We will keep you posted if there are any updates on the bug.

MeghanaMSFT_0-1672031713436.png

Thank you @Meghana-MSFT. The task module is now available and the form is already displaying. Is there a timeline as to when the dataverse API will be available?

We will check and get back to you.

@Meghana-MSFT , I am experiencing a bug with the app again. Here is a screenshot:The form from the task module is no longer available.The form from the task module is no longer available.

I have also been trying to send user inputs in task module to Azure sql server. Could you please provide suggestion on how I can go about this?

We will check and get back to you.
@Meghana-MSFT, I await your response concerning the unavailable app. Please what is the update on the datavserse api and azure sql api to save user inputs in task modules?

@netjonin - Apologies for the delay. We are checking with engineering team regarding the dataverse API. Regarding the unavailability of the app, can you please share below?

1. Are you seeing any console errors.
  2. Have you uploaded any new version of the app.
  3. Your bot is receiving requests but clicking on open form is giving app not found

Can you please check if these docs help you 

Azure SQL documentation - Azure SQL | Microsoft Learn

Provision an Azure SQL database to store application data - Training | Microsoft Learn

Design your first relational database C# - Azure SQL Database | Microsoft Learn