MS Teams Bot - End Of Conversation Activity Not Working

Copper Contributor

I am trying to implement master and skill bot in which Master Bot routes the request to specific Skill bot. After request reaches the skill bot , all incoming requests are handled by skill bot until it sends

EndOfConversation Activity Type. When Master Bot identifies this activity  type , it ends the conversation and then user can converse with master bot.  For this i am using node js Skill. This code works fine in Bot Emulator but it gives error on MS Teams Bot. 

Bot.js
class EchoBot extends TeamsActivityHandler{
    constructor() {
        super();
        this.onMessage(async (context, next) => {
            switch (context.activity.text.toLowerCase()) {
            case 'end':
            case 'stop':
                await context.sendActivity({
                    type: ActivityTypes.EndOfConversation,
                    code: EndOfConversationCodes.CompletedSuccessfully

});
                break;
            default:
                await context.sendActivity(`Echo (JS) : '${ context.activity.text }'`);
                await context.sendActivity('Say "end" or "stop" and I\'ll end the conversation and back to the parent.');
            }

// By calling next() you ensure that the next BotHandler is run.
            await next();
        });
    }
}

Error:
[onTurnError] unhandled error: Error: Unknown activity type
(node:10552) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection (rejection id: 12): Error: BotFrameworkAdapter.processActivity(): 500 ERROR
Error: activity.text with value "Error: Unknown activity type" must be of type string.
at serializeBasicTypes (D:\home\site\wwwroot\node_modules\@azure\ms-rest-js\dist\msRest.node.js:709:23)
at Serializer.serialize (D:\home\site\wwwroot\node_modules\@azure\ms-rest-js\dist\msRest.node.js:522:27)
at serializeCompositeType (D:\home\site\wwwroot\node_modules\@azure\ms-rest-js\dist\msRest.node.js:908:50)
at Serializer.serialize (D:\home\site\wwwroot\node_modules\@azure\ms-rest-js\dist\msRest.node.js:544:27)
at getOperationArgumentValueFromParameterPath (D:\home\site\wwwroot\node_modules\@azure\ms-rest-js\dist\msRest.node.js:3462:24)
at getOperationArgumentValueFromParameter (D:\home\site\wwwroot\node_modules\@azure\ms-rest-js\dist\msRest.node.js:3437:12)
at serializeRequestBody (D:\home\site\wwwroot\node_modules\@azure\ms-rest-js\dist\msRest.node.js:3371:28)
at ConnectorClient.ServiceClient.sendOperationRequest (D:\home\site\wwwroot\node_modules\@azure\ms-rest-js\dist\msRest.node.js:3348:13)
at Conversations.replyToActivity (D:\home\site\wwwroot\node_modules\botframework-connector\lib\connectorApi\operations\conversations.js:54:28)
at BotFrameworkAdapter.<anonymous> (D:\home\site\wwwroot\node_modules\botbuilder\lib\botFrameworkAdapter.js:794:71)
2 Replies
Hi @Krati, we are working on it practically and taking this for internal discussion with team and will update you soon.
Hi @KratiAgarwal1307, I am able to repro your issue from my end checking this with internal team , if it is a bug will raise a bug and let you know.