SOLVED

Microsoft Teams not raising events during meeting

Copper Contributor

Good day,

I have put together a basic bot from your sample projects found here:
https://github.com/OfficeDev/Microsoft-Teams-Samples/tree/main/samples

Adding the application and bot to Teams worked.
I created a tunnel with ngrok and I can see traffic coming in and handle actions taken by the bot. I can communicate with the bot, send replies back etc.

However when I add the bot to a meeting, none of the events are sent to the back-end code. Checking ngrok it does not even receive a call from the bot framework.

I am particularly interested in getting notified when the meeting starts, participants join and other key actions or events.

What am I missing? I cannot find any other settings for the bot that indicate interaction in a meeting that would get routed through the bot framework.

Thanks in advance.

Eugene

2 Replies

@elrdevilliers - Could you please confirm if you are using this sample Microsoft-Teams-Samples/samples/meetings-events/csharp at main · OfficeDev/Microsoft-Teams-Samples (...

The bot in this sample can receive real-time meeting events and meeting participant events. Could you please let us know if you are looking for something else?

best response confirmed by ChetanSharma-msft (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for the assistance.
Changing the Teams app manifest to the one in the sample worked. It's now firing the events I am looking for.
I will eliminate what cause those to not fire in my previous configuration.
Thank you!
Eugene
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChetanSharma-msft (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for the assistance.
Changing the Teams app manifest to the one in the sample worked. It's now firing the events I am looking for.
I will eliminate what cause those to not fire in my previous configuration.
Thank you!
Eugene

View solution in original post