Microsoft Teams Developer Tool no longer available

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

We are developing a Microsoft Teams Tab application and noticed that recently (September 13th) the developer tools that we use to debug our application are no longer available in the teams client. 

We have followed this Microsoft article and checked that the "Upload custom apps" option is enabled across our organisation.

Image of settings 

Previously we could enable Developer Preview but it has disappeared from the menu as shown below.

Before September 13th Image 
After September 13th image 

How can i enable developer options.
Note: I am the tenant owner and  should have all the required permissions. 

11 Replies
Could you please share the version details of your Teams App. Also please confirm if others are also facing the same issue?

Hi @Meghana-MSFT,

Please see the version below. I can confirm other members of our team are experiencing this issue. 

Tested on Windows 11:

You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.21668 (64-bit). It was last updated on 9/14/2022.

Tested on MacOS:

You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.22362. It was last updated on 13/09/2022.

We are also able to repro this in our demo tenants. We have raised a bug for the same, we will keep you posted on the updates. Thanks.

Thanks @Meghana-MSFT ,

Is there a way to access an older version of teams? We need this to reproduce errors in our application that appears only occurs for users running older versions of teams. 

In this case it would also allow us to troubleshoot the our teams app

You can find the previous versions here - https://microsoft-teams.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions.

Thanks,
Meghana
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate.
Hi Meghana,

Is there any update on this issue? We are unable to easily debug the behaviours of our application when running natively in teams.
Hi @anthonytf - Currently we do not have any update to share. We will keep you posted.

@anthonytf - 

Can you please confirm if follow office preview is enabled or not in admin portal? Can you please try flipping it to just "Enabled" and restart the client (this might take a few minutes for the new policy to be downloaded). 

MeghanaMSFT_3-1671794952721.png

@anthonytf - Did you get a chance to check above suggestion?

Hi @Meghana-MSFT,

Thanks I can confirm the above setting has resolved the issue. 

NOTE for future readers this seem to take a day or so because the changes applied. 

@anthonytf - Glad your issue is resolved. Can you please share your valuable feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback.