SOLVED

Live captions with participant names

Copper Contributor
Hi there,

The live captioning feature in MS Teams displays everything being said during meetings without prefixing it with the name of the participant who said it. This is very inconvenient for hearing impaired participants who are unable to distinguish between different participants by listening to their voices.

Is there more worknbeing done in this area? Whole teams are being forced to meet using Google Meet/Hangouts just to accommodate for this need as Google Meet appropriately prefixes every sentence with the participants name.

Thanks
4 Replies
best response confirmed by evolver21 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@evolver21 - Currently teams does not support the live captions with participant names. We are working on it, But we don't have any ETA to share when it will be available.

It is already in the roadmap and will be released August CY2020.

Roadmap link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/microsoft-365/roadmap?featureid=65949

Any update?

@Nikitha-MSFT 

In last three months i could see live captions with participant names on windows and mac. Now no more. Can you add back that feature? Also for Linux Desktop and Web? I always MS Teams Desktop on Linux. I need that, because i am deaf and want to follow what do participants say.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by evolver21 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@evolver21 - Currently teams does not support the live captions with participant names. We are working on it, But we don't have any ETA to share when it will be available.

View solution in original post