Integrate ECM System into Teams (Open Text Content Server 16)

Iron Contributor

We are rolling out Microsoft Teams in our company without any OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online file storage capabilities. We know the downsides of that ;)

We would like to add our current ECM system as a TAB in every Teams-Project. The problem is that Opentext requires a specific chrome plugin. The Chrome plugin connects to a locally hosted office editor client (officeeditor_client_16.2.11_x64.msi).

What do you think about that?

6 Replies

@Thomsch , Are you facing any issue/error while adding the office editor client as a tab in Teams.

@subhasish-MSFT There is no way to add the office editor client directly as a tab since it's an MSI executeable. If I want to open or edit a Word document I get this error message:

2020-05-11 14_19_27-General (DEP Testlab Location) _ Microsoft Teams.png

@subhasish-MSFT would it be possible to build a Teams TAB App and create something like a chrome browser session with chrome plugins?

@Thomsch , The Teams Desktop Client doesn't currently have support for Chrome Extensions. I am discussing with engineering team if any plan to consider it in future release. 

@Thomsch , ,Currently Teams desktop client does not support Chrome Extensions. Can you please add a feature request in User voice.