SOLVED

In-dialog box not showing on IOS devices

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We're facing an issue in the custom application we're creating. The application is supposed to work only during the meeting for classes to get the attendance of each student and professor of the meeting. The professor has in the side pannel a button to send the dialog box in the meeting to let everybody present in the meeting to sign their attendance. The dialog box is showing on every device (desktop/web/android) except on IOS device.

Does anybody already had this issue and know how to fix it or can help us?

Thanks for your help,

9 Replies

@devReever 
We tried to repro the issue using iOS build version 3.14.77.2021143601/0831 (general). We used in-meeting dialog box to engage participants during the meeting and collect information or feedback during the meeting and its worked fine at our end.

Hi Prasad,

with the application made by Microsoft like polls the in-meeting dialog box works fined on both mobile devices.
But can you try by using an custom application like us. The in-meeting dialog shows only on android device and not on IOS device.

adapter.continueConversation(ref, async(turnContext) => {
                    const replyActivity = MessageFactory.text('The professor sent the signature requested.');
                    replyActivity.channelData = {
                        notification: {
                            alertInMeeting: true,
                            externalResourceUrl: `https://teams.microsoft.com/l/bubble/${_config.botTeams.APP_ID}?url=${url}&height=600&width=500&title=${course.NAME}`
                        }
                    }
                    await turnContext.sendActivity(replyActivity);
                });

This is the code we're using to send the bubble to microsoft so they can show it to every devices. If it can help

@devReever 
Could you please try with this demo app which we are testing at our end? and could you please share the version details? Attaching the manifest below.
Thanks!

@Prasad_Das-MSFT

I just tested the demo app you sent me. I'm not sure what's the version details you want me to share you exactly but here's some screenshots of me using the bot in my iPhone.

Let me know if you need more infos and which ones please.

Thanks for your help, 

(Teams and iOS version details.)
Try testing the shared demo app. Try to join the meeting first, then push any agenda and try to respond back or give your input.
Let us know if that works for you.

@Prasad_Das-MSFT 

We tested the application during a meeting and the application showed no bubble or in-meeting dialog. When we push any agenda it shows on the chat section only but nothing in the meeting. We tried it also on the android device and desktop and the same things happen.

What is supposed to be the behavior of the application?

And here's the details of my Teams application on IOS.

Thanks!

@devReever 

Could you please share the sample which you were referring to, so that we can try it from our end?

best response confirmed by Prasad_Das-MSFT (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Prasad_Das-MSFT,

We fixed the issue. 

const replyActivity = MessageFactory.text('Hi'); // this could be an adaptive card instead
        externalResourceUrl: 'https://teams.microsoft.com/l/bubble/APP_ID?url=<url>&height=<height>&width=<width>&title=<title>&completionBotId=BOT_APP_ID’
    }
};
await context.sendActivity(replyActivity);

We were replacing the title (line 5) in the externalResourceUrl by the name of the class that was corresponding to the meeting. And the name had spaces in it so it wasn't showing the bubble on IOS devices but in others it was. 

Thanks for your help again and hope it will help if anybody get the same issue like us.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Prasad_Das-MSFT (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Prasad_Das-MSFT,

We fixed the issue. 

const replyActivity = MessageFactory.text('Hi'); // this could be an adaptive card instead
        externalResourceUrl: 'https://teams.microsoft.com/l/bubble/APP_ID?url=<url>&height=<height>&width=<width>&title=<title>&completionBotId=BOT_APP_ID’
    }
};
await context.sendActivity(replyActivity);

We were replacing the title (line 5) in the externalResourceUrl by the name of the class that was corresponding to the meeting. And the name had spaces in it so it wasn't showing the bubble on IOS devices but in others it was. 

Thanks for your help again and hope it will help if anybody get the same issue like us.

View solution in original post