How to resolve "Failed to submit this app" error?

Copper Contributor

Hi Team,

Just from Today, while submitting teams custom app via Developer Portal, error "Failed to submit this app." started to occur.

yuu113_0-1649387976641.png

I have tried with below condition but this error always occurs. Error also occurs on the app which we can submit update till yesterday. What is happening and how can we resolve it? (from this error message, we couldn't guess anything about the reason..)

Checked:

・Publish from outside Developer Portal (apps > manage apps > send app to organization) succeeded so seems Developer Portal related Issue.

yuu113_0-1649389826980.png

・For all apps, no validation error in "Publish to store" is found. Manifest itself seems to be fine.

・Create new custom app with minimum configuration and publish but failed with same error.

・Tried publish from both Teams client and Browser but failed with same error.

・Try same operation with different tenant but failed with same error.

24 Replies
@Stevensb23-Please check the message.
@yuu113 ,@Stevensb23-Issue is resolved. Could you please check it once and confirm the same?
Microsoft Teams Version 1.6.00.9979 (64-bit)

@Sayali-MSFT I wonder if this is some kind of a joke. It's now 2024 and the issue still exists!
I've just created a new app (https://dev.teams.microsoft.com/apps/) with personal tab and SSO and it can't be published to org. But "Preview in Teams" is working.

@SwissTiQ - Same issue. I couldn't get my tab app to show up at all. Preview in teams is broken. I updated the version from the manifest, tried to resubmit and I can't do anything now with my application.  The only error I can get is: "Failed to submit this app."

I thought maybe I did something to mess it up,  so I reverted my files back, cleared the apps, and restarted from a previous check-in. It didn't help at all, same error.

I am also having the same issue. Not able to setup One of SharePoint site's home page as Teams App. Can anyone please help?