GRAPH API Start Hold Music

Brass Contributor

Hello,

I tried yesterday startHoldMusic route and noticed a strange behavior.

A calling bot creates a conference by calling a bunch of users, then starts calling /startHoldMusic for one of the participants, let's say A.

The participant A hears the music, and does not hear any of the other participants. This seems right.

If any of the participants, even A, put the call on hold, A no longer hears the waiting music, and still none of the other participants.

If the same participant resumes the call, A hears the waiting music again ... and the other participants.

Is this an expected behavior ?

Best regards,

David CHOLLET

5 Replies

@Mad_hatter - Could you please answer below queries?

1. By the below statement do you mean, If anyone put themselves on hold then A hears other participants?
  2. What do you mean by still none of the other participants?

MeghanaMSFT_0-1654775460229.png

According to the note mentioned in participant: startHoldMusic - Microsoft Graph v1.0 | Microsoft DocsOnly one participant can be placed on hold at any given time.

@Meghana-MSFT- I mean if a participant puts manually the call on hold, using either the TEAMS thick client or an IPPhone, then :

1. A does not hear the waiting music anymore.
  2. A does not hear other participants.

Now, if the same participant resumes the call, using either the TEAMS thick client or an IPPhone, then :

1. A hear waiting music.
  2. A hear other participants.

I expected that A would not hear the other participants when the call was resumed...

Am I wrong ? It feels awkward to hear a music "on hold" and a conversation at the same time.

Best regards,

David CHOLLET

Thank you for the details, we are checking with the engineering team. We will update you.

@Mad_hatter - Apologies for the delay in responding. A lot of changes have been rolled out, could you please confirm the following-

1. Are you still experiencing this issue
  2. If you are still facing this issue, please share a call ID for a call with this issue. You should be able to get it from X-Microsoft-Skype-Chain-Id header on the response to the /startHoldMusic request, or any other HTTP request the app calling this API makes 

@Mad_hatter  - could you please share the above asked information?