SOLVED

Get userId of user who launched app into meeting stage

Copper Contributor

I have an app that makes use of the Shared Meeting Stage functionality provided by MS Teams API. This works fine and when any participant clicks on the "Launch to meeting stage" icon in the sidePanel app, the Shared Meeting Stage opens up for all participants with contents of my app.

However, I wanted to give the person who launched the app into meeting stage access to some additional functionality within the meeting stage app that other attendees do not have. In order to do that, I need to know who the user is who launched the app into meeting stage.

How can I get the information of which user launched the app into meeting stage?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies
@lifeofnavin - We will check on it from our end also and let you know.

@lifeofnavin -Engineering Team is looking into the issue. We don't have any exact ETA to share as of now.

best response confirmed by ChetanSharma-msft (Microsoft)
Solution

@lifeofnavin - This is a feature request and engineering team has considered it.
Currently we do not have any ETA to share.

Thanks,
Chetan Sharma
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the response is helpful, please click "Mark as Best Response" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChetanSharma-msft (Microsoft)
Solution

@lifeofnavin - This is a feature request and engineering team has considered it.
Currently we do not have any ETA to share.

Thanks,
Chetan Sharma
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the response is helpful, please click "Mark as Best Response" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link.

View solution in original post