SOLVED

Force teams to retrieve latest static web application code.

Copper Contributor

How do I force Microsoft Teams (new and classic) to retrieve latest static web application code?

I've deployed a change to my application, but cannot see it in app.  Refreshing in teams, and signing out did not request the static web app.  I've even used fiddler to monitor the traffic and can see that Teams is running a cached version of the site.

Thanks

5 Replies

@MrTimn- Thanks for reporting your issue.
Could you please elaborate your requirement and share the repro steps/code snippet, so that we can try it from our end.

Requirement:
I want Teams to not load my static web application from cache.

Static web app version: 1.0.7.005
Repro steps: Make changes to my static web application, update version number to 1.0.8.000 and deploy

Load static web application by navigating to it in a browser (Not using teams at all). See that version number is correctly 1.0.8.000

Open Microsoft Teams, select my application.
Inspect version number. Version number is still 1.0.7.005 the previous version of the application. It appears that the page request was cached instead of fetched new.

Can I force teams request the latest version of the site?

@MrTimn - Microsoft Teams does not have a built-in feature to force a refresh of a static web application. The caching behavior is primarily controlled by the browser and the server where your static web application is hosted.

Could you please help by suggesting this feature on - Microsoft Teams · Community

I was able to find a workaround on Teams for Mac. I can right click the screen and Inspect the application. From there I navigate to the network tab and check the 'disable cache' option.
It only works on Mac OS though. For some reason "New Teams" on Windows does not have the inspect option.

Thank you for your help.
best response confirmed by MrTimn (Copper Contributor)
Solution
@MrTimn- Yes, it is known issue in new Teams windows. Engineering team working on this. We will let you know once we have any update.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MrTimn (Copper Contributor)
Solution
@MrTimn- Yes, it is known issue in new Teams windows. Engineering team working on this. We will let you know once we have any update.

View solution in original post