SOLVED

Extract phone number from incoming call in real-time

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am a developer wanting to build an application to extract the phone number from an inbound call on Teams in order to query Dynamics CRM for Contacts/Accounts and open a window showing that record to the user receiving the incoming call. I have been trying to look online and have received conflicting answers as to whether this is possible and how to go about doing it. So my question is: Is it possible, through the Graph API or some other method, to extract the phone number from an incoming call on Teams in real-time (or as close as possible) and pass that data to an application that can do something with it?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ChetanSharma-msft (Microsoft)
Solution

@JustinH2465 

As per my understanding currently there isn't any way to extract the phone number from an incoming call on Teams in real-time through the Graph API or some other method,
You can raise a user voice
https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/filters/new

Thanks, 

Nivedipa

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChetanSharma-msft (Microsoft)
Solution

@JustinH2465 

As per my understanding currently there isn't any way to extract the phone number from an incoming call on Teams in real-time through the Graph API or some other method,
You can raise a user voice
https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/filters/new

Thanks, 

Nivedipa

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate. 

View solution in original post