SOLVED

External and Anonymous users unable to access custom Meeting Tab

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'm developing a meeting tab app, which is yet to be published to Teams App Store. 

When the app is added to a meeting, all regular members and Guest users are able to access the app (pre-meeting/details screen, meeting chat screen and in-meeting side panel).

The problem is with External and Anonymous participants in the meeting, who cannot use (or even see) the app at all. Although, while they're in the meeting, External users can access the tab in meeting chat screen. The tab disappears as soon as they leave the meeting. The app remains unavailable inside the meeting (side panel).

As per this document, both External and Anonymous users should be able to use the app as long as they're allowed by the Teams Tenant B's admin. I have already verified the following settings - 

sct_akouo_0-1637677221509.png

sct_akouo_1-1637677315326.png

6 Replies
We are looking into this. Will get back to you soon.
Thanks
best response confirmed by ChetanSharma-msft (Microsoft)
Solution

@HunaidHanfee-MSFT  - Hi,
We are unable to repro this issue, I can see the app as an external user in meeting side panel.

HunaidHanfeeMSFT_0-1638196079806.png

Can you confirm that you are not able to see it in same context? 

Thanks,
Hunaid L Hanfee

Let us know if there is any updates.

Thanks
@sct_akouo - Could you please confirm if your issue has resolved with above suggestion or still looking for any help?
@sct_akouo - Could you please confirm if your issue has resolved with above suggestion or still looking for any help?
Did 'soon' ever materialize where anonymous users can interact with meeting apps?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChetanSharma-msft (Microsoft)
Solution

@HunaidHanfee-MSFT  - Hi,
We are unable to repro this issue, I can see the app as an external user in meeting side panel.

HunaidHanfeeMSFT_0-1638196079806.png

Can you confirm that you are not able to see it in same context? 

Thanks,
Hunaid L Hanfee

View solution in original post