SOLVED

Difference developing custom apps for teams with C# or JavaScript

Copper Contributor

I am a SharePoint developer (TypeScript + React) developer that wants to get in to MS teams development. One thing I have not really found out is if there is any reason too choose JavaScript over C# (or vice versa) when it comes to develop custom apps for MS Teams. Is there any difference? Are both supported the same? Currently I develop with the SP Framework 1.8 to create web parts/MS Teams app defined in TypeScript with react. 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Akteams230 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Akteams230 Currently Teams app development can be done in both C# and NodeJS. There is no difference here. You can choose to build in either C# or NodeJS. Here are the samples

When it comes to Specialized Specialized custom app development services for Microsoft Teams, both C# and JavaScript are supported options. The choice between them depends on factors such as your existing skillset, project requirements, and personal preference. As a SharePoint developer familiar with TypeScript and React, you might find it easier to stick with JavaScript for consistency and efficiency. However, C# can also be used effectively, especially if you have experience with .NET development. Ultimately, both languages have their advantages, and it's important to consider which one best suits your needs.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Akteams230 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Akteams230 Currently Teams app development can be done in both C# and NodeJS. There is no difference here. You can choose to build in either C# or NodeJS. Here are the samples

View solution in original post