Developer Preview for support for in-meeting Teams apps

Copper Contributor

I've enabled 'Developer Preview' in Teams and cannot seem to access the 'Support for in-meeting Teams apps' feature mentioned in the Change Log. I saw a demo where Sli.do developers were utilizing this functionality while showing off a new version of their Teams app. As a developer, I would like to be able t to do the same. How would I go about doing this?

6 Replies

@swarner710 - After enabling the developer preview You need to add the context in the manifest according to the developer preview manifest schema for Microsoft teams. Also could you please check the Prerequisites and considerations ?

@Nikitha-MSFT I added the context to the manifest with the devPreview manifest version and successfully uploaded it. However, there are no UI elements in the meetings area to be able to add an app to a meeting. It's as if the developer preview doesn't allow add-ons in meetings. Yet the Slido video shows the meeting UI with the ability to do so.

@swarner710 - If you want to add bot to teams you need to add some code. Could you please check this docs for more info.

@Nikitha-MSFT your responses are not relevant to the content of my post. Please read the details of my original post.

@Nikitha-MSFT I also have the same question as @swarner710 ... is there any resolution for the current problem?

Did you ever get this to work? Or get a valid response. I have the same issue.