SOLVED

Custom teams app notification capabilities

Copper Contributor

Hello!

I have a question regarding custom teams apps.

We have an app with personal tab functionality, and i'd like to add notifications to this tab.

I.E. when something happens in regards to a specific user, the user recieves a notification which tells them what happened, and what they need to do next.

I was thinking of realising this functionality at first with BOT functionality of teams app, but then i thought it'd be more elegant if it would be possible to have the same notification functionality that Teams is already using for when you get @ from someone and in turn see this:

omeprazole_0-1650467912095.png 

Or something similar, but just instead of having it for the Chat tab, have it for the apps personal tab.

I tried scouring the custom teams app documentation but the only thing i found was "isnotificationonly" boolean for the BOT functionality for custom teams app, but i dont think this is what i want.

Any suggestions or a specific blog for this kind of functionality would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

3 Replies

@omeprazole - We are checking this issue, we will get back to you.

best response confirmed by omeprazole (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@omeprazole - Currently it is not possible to show custom feed notifications similar to native Teams app in personal tabs. You can suggest this feature at Microsoft uservoice.

Thanks,
Meghana
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate.

Hey, thanks for your answer, i guess we'll be using BOT functionality for this now, this is the idea i've submitted: https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/756032ec-75c4-ec11-a81b-000d3a00c008
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by omeprazole (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@omeprazole - Currently it is not possible to show custom feed notifications similar to native Teams app in personal tabs. You can suggest this feature at Microsoft uservoice.

Thanks,
Meghana
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate.

View solution in original post