Custom search not working correctly on Teams iOS

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have created a new data source via Microsoft 365 admin centre > Search & intelligence > Connections. It is a simple website crawler. It has indexed and says 'ready' but I am getting inconsistent results when searching:

* On office.com and sharepoint.com search works as expected, I can see results under a new header in the All vertical, and a new custom vertical has been added as requested (which shows results).

* In Teams iOS, the same search DOES display the new vertical but NO results are returned (the new vertical says 'We didn't find any matches here').

Obviously this is not working as expected...how can I diagnose what's going wrong here? Can anyone suggest any next steps?

Any assistance much appreciated!

Cheers,
Steve

3 Replies

Some progress...

Adding a custom result layout to the search made it start working! It was already fine on office.com and SharePoint, so maybe this is only a requirement of iOS Teams app? Undocumented? Anyway I now have results appearing on mobile - good. Hope this information helps someone else one day.

Now, does anyone know Microsoft's timeline for adding custom search results to Teams desktop, Android or web apps...??

@SteveWBYG - 

This team can only help with questions related to building apps for the Microsoft Teams platform. 
Could you please consider posting your query to any of the following channel? 

For Microsoft Teams product issues/failures your tenant Admin can reach out to Microsoft 365 Product Support. 
For general questions about Microsoft Teams please post your question on Microsoft Teams Community 

To achieve your requirements, we recommend you give your feedback in Teams Feedback Portal.

You can now get latest Teams platform updates by subscribing to the RSS feed.
What's new - Teams | Microsoft Docs

Thanks, 

Prasad Das

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate. 

@Prasad_Das-MSFT Thanks - didn't know this group was for apps only. My search issue was only happening in Teams (iOS app) which is why I posted here (plus the MS 365 group).