SOLVED

Control who gets to launch app into MeetingStage

Copper Contributor

I have built a Teams app, which can be added to a meeting as a side-panel app, and can be launched into shared MeetingStage using the "share" button.

Screenshot 2021-11-12 at 11.38.38 PM.png

However, for this app, I'm trying to set up controls such that only the Organizer of the meeting can launch the app into MeetingStage and other participants only see the shared MeetingStage but cannot launch the app into MeetingStage by themselves. In an ideal world, I would like the sidepanel app also only available for the Organizer of the meeting and other participants can only "see" the shared meeting stage when the organizer launches the app into MeetingStage.

Is there some way for me to control who sees the side panel app and/or who can launch the app into MeetingStage?

Help much appreciated!

2 Replies

@lifeofnavin - We are looking into this issue. We will update you.

best response confirmed by ChetanSharma-msft (Microsoft)
Solution
This is by design. There doesn't seem to be any way to control it.

Thanks,
Prasad Das
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChetanSharma-msft (Microsoft)
Solution
This is by design. There doesn't seem to be any way to control it.

Thanks,
Prasad Das
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate.

View solution in original post