Content of iframe embed of In-meeting app turns grey

Copper Contributor

Hi,
we have a working integration with MS Teams. We've built it upon In-meeting app experience.
Some of our customers started to complain that shortly after the integration app starts to load, whole embed iframe becomes grey (HTML document is empty, console is clean).

Their experience looks like this:

Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 14.38.35.png

Not much is going on there, right? :)

We've tried to investigate what's wrong, trying to debug it on our part. During the debug session with client, we were unable to open DevTools of this iframe (customer has Developer Preview with Upload of custom app turned on).
Once the page turns grey, the whole debugger gets disconnected, so we were unable to continue with debug session.

devtools_disconnected.png

Version of Teams where this bug was reproduced: 1.5.00.8070 (32-bit) / 1.5.00.8773 (64-bit) both Windows. 
We also have customers on Mac reporting same behaviour.

We think, that it might be issue with Electron, but it is difficult to confirm. 
If you need any further info, please let me know. I will be glad to help.

Thank you!
Marek

16 Replies
We are looking into this, we will get back to you.
@MarekSolvingTeamsIssue - Could you please share the repro steps, so that we can try it from our end?

@Sayali-MSFT we are experiencing this issue with Slido added as in-meeting app
https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA200002357?tab=Overview

We create new meeting in Teams calendar, add invitees, then we add Slido to event.
Once the meeting is running, some attendees are displayed grey rectangle instead of iframe with Slido app.

@MarekSolvingTeamsIssue -Thanks for details, We will try it from our end and let you know.
@MarekSolvingTeamsIssue -We are unable to repro the scenario .Could you please update the Teams version and check it once?
Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue. Our clients however face this issue on a regular basis. The necessary thing in this case would be check crashes of WebView component in Teams logs or error report systems. It will definitely be somewhere.
@MarekSolvingTeamsIssue -Could you please tell to customer for updating the teams version? may be some issue is resolved in this version.
We are also trying to repro but Unfortunately we cannot reproduce the issue.
It is not only one customer, there are multiple customers that we know of, so there is probably also lot of other customers that haven't approached us.
Our customer that reported this issue is having two accounts, one is on Teams Developer Preview and the second one is updated regularly.
We need to address this issue, we need to know, what is going on. We will do our best to obtain logs (from Help -> Collect support files). Once we have them, we will send it over to you.
In the meantime, please check Teams crash reports, WebView component is definitely crashing there.
Thank you for your help.
@MarekSolvingTeamsIssue-We are discuss with internal team and if required then I raised the bug for the same and once you get any logs please provide here.

Hi @Sayali-MSFT 
I have the logs. How can I send them to you? I will not upload it on public space, since logs can contain sensitive info. 
Thanks for understanding.

Marek

@marekcis -You can share the error logs on personal chat. I already send message to you please give reply there only.
Thanks, I have just sent the logs to you in private message.
Hi,
do you please have any update regarding the issue?
Thanks
Currently we don’t have ETA or Update on this thread.
We will update this thread once we get any update.
@MarekSolvingTeamsIssue-Could you please provide the information for the below queries.The Internal team also not able to repro the issue-
1.What does 'working integration with MS teams' mean? Do you have some custom version of team running? How is it different from our version of Teams?
2.The diagnostic logs that are attached don't show any errors. Can we get a network trace? Are there any console errors before Teams crashes?
3.Does this work in the web? Will they be able to debug in the web?